1.    #1  
    Just downloaded the trial. This app is great, and blows Express AWAY! Plus its half the price!

Got it from arslexis.com
    I think it has potential but it does not blow express away in terms of features IMHO.

no news
    no directions
    no maps
    no movie ticket purchases

better stock tool
  3.    #3  
    The news I will give you.
    The maps are barely readible(if they're accurate)
    The directions take you atleast 10mins out-the-way
    Movie ticket purchase? Through Express? Have you been brave enough to experiment with this one? I live in Michigan, and Express doesn't even list Star Theatres, which are the most popular theatres in my area. (Go figure) I've contacted customer support several times on this issue. And get this, they tell me that "they're" not sure whats wrong!

My only reasons for using Express, were the 411 and Sports. Since football season is almost over, Sports is no longer necessary, and if I don't know the exact city of something I'm looking for, and I type in just the State, I get the "too many results" error, forcing me to call around and get the exact City location, which in turn I also receive the number from whomever gave me the City, making 411 useless. Maybe it works for you, but I think infoman, covers all the basis I need right now until, they make improvements, I'm satisfied.
    don't get me wrong, I have my issues with express. I think infoman has the potential to surpass express easily in the near future. I'll be watching it closely.
    I like the user-interface for infoman and would definitely buy the program if the phone app. was tied into a mapping app. It would be nice to be able to get maps from the phone app. results page and from Treo contacts directly.
    Is anyone running Infoman from an SD card with ZLauncher?

I set it up, but every so often when I launch it, it just goes back to the category screen. It's like it tries to load and pukes.

I have seen this with other apps move to SD by ZLauncher.

Ideas?
  7. kjk
    mikec, we'll investigate this problem. The best way to tell us about problems with InfoMan is either by sending an e-mail to support _AT_ arslexis _DOT_ com or posting a message to our Yahoo! group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arslexis/.
    Last edited by kjk; 01/02/2005 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typo
    InfoMan - wireless information agent
    iPedia - wireless encyclopedia
    iNoah - wireless dictionary

http://www.arslexis.com - software for Palm and Treo
    kjk,

Good comments....turned out to be a bug in ZLauncher 5.0....upgrade to 5.1 seems to fix it.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Guys - Express movies content is limited in some cases by the theater reports. If they dont report the theater times to hollywood.com before the daily deadline then Express doesnt get it either. If you do find your theater at Hollywood.com then email us and we'll look into it as there could be something else going on.

Also, make sure that the developers of the wireless software you purchase are licensing their content from legitimate sources. If they are illegally screen scraping data from online sources then it is just a matter of time before the proxy IP is blocked and your app is useless. There is a reason Express is $70/year - legitimate content licenses are expensive.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by clackey
    Guys - Express movies content is limited in some cases by the theater reports. If they dont report the theater times to hollywood.com before the daily deadline then Express doesnt get it either. If you do find your theater at Hollywood.com then email us and we'll look into it as there could be something else going on.

Also, make sure that the developers of the wireless software you purchase are licensing their content from legitimate sources. If they are illegally screen scraping data from online sources then it is just a matter of time before the proxy IP is blocked and your app is useless. There is a reason Express is $70/year - legitimate content licenses are expensive.
    Sounds like a shot at Infoman to me... Somebody seems a little nervous about competition. Especially at half the price.