Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. cng
    I put my UX50 in the freezer for like 1 hour. The screen had dead pixels symptoms but came back totally in 30 minutes. It kept shutting off until it was warm enough. I can believe it survived that!
    So long as there's no moisture inside whenever you turn it on...it should be perfectly fine.
    Yeah, whatever you do... DON'T TRY TO TURN IT BACK ON IMMEDIATELY.

I wonder what flushing it out with alcohol would do for it (to displace the water, I mean)

Then if that didn't work, you could flush yourself out with alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I have to admit, the treo electronics are quite water resistant for about 45 seconds to a minute. So long as you remove power before water can seep past the keys onto the main board or threw the battery area (sealed with a sticker). I actually submerged mine in 2 liters of diet pepsi (don't even ask, I'll never admit it again). It took about 4 hours to properly dry, but it works perfectly fine now.

As the others said, if you got it drenched in salt water, you need to purposely rinse it in fresh water (remove power!) for a few second and then dry it... Salt solution will cause anywhere with two different metals to begin oxidizing and overtime will detroy it.
    That's pretty amazing as that phosphoric acid (over time) could be at least as destructive as salt water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jefferson
    Yeah, whatever you do... DON'T TRY TO TURN IT BACK ON IMMEDIATELY.

I wonder what flushing it out with alcohol would do for it (to displace the water, I mean)

Then if that didn't work, you could flush yourself out with alcohol.
    Contrary to the belief that alcohol is good for any electronic component, you shouldn't be using it to clean the Treo. It's a sure way to ruin the screen.

Same goes for laptops - you should never be using alcohol based cleaners and 99% of the ones you buy in retail stores are just that.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    I was on the way to Germany and passed the alps, it was snowy and very cold (-20c). I stopped for a leak and accidentally dropped my Treo. Drove and did not realize until I wanted to make a call. Came back to the spot and found my Treo in bruised but alive conditions burried in deep snow. It works fine up to this point.

Cheers,
    Ion
    Some years back my MOTO was 8 feet deep in the pool for a good 20 minutes. I let it air dry for like 5 days or so and the phone worked as if nothing happened.
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    I live in SW Florida and keep mine in a #2 Zip Lock Frezzer Bag! Worked great last Hurricane Season.Although after seeing this seasons forcast I might add a layer of Saran Wrap......
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12