1.    #1  
    I just started using the 650 ~2weeks ago. I received the earglove wireless headset as a gift and have been using it for about 3 days now. In addition, My father in law and his girlfriend have also purchased the 650 and also have the earglove. Two of the eargloves have been activated and, I must say, I have been very disappointed. You can hear fairly well with it, but pretty much everyone I havetalked to told me thhey either could not understand me, barely could, or there was significant static. Is there a remedy?

Is there a better blue tooth headset with proven sound quality? ANY THOUGHTS? Thank you
    fyi...you should SEARCH before you start a new thread. There already is much information on the subject.
    Yes a search is good.

The GP here on TC like the HBH660 the best. However the phone itself has a sound issue. People you talk to may have the same complaints without a headset as well. There is a lot of discussion here about the sound quality as well. There are some temp fixes and hopes of permanent ones on the horizon.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yes a search is good.

The GP here on TC like the HBH660 the best. However the phone itself has a sound issue. People you talk to may have the same complaints without a headset as well. There is a lot of discussion here about the sound quality as well. There are some temp fixes and hopes of permanent ones on the horizon.
    Don't forget The other bluetooth HS the Cardo scala 500 , I have both and in "EARLY" testing (only got the HBH 600 yesterday) I find the Cardo a better bang for the buck.
    I regretfully returned my Bodyglove headset and replaced it with the HBH-660 and a clear eargel. Absolute nite and day difference. I did like the form factor of the Bodyglove better though. But hey, now I have caller id on the headset.
  6. DDD
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Don't forget The other bluetooth HS the Cardo scala 500 , I have both and in "EARLY" testing (only got the HBH 600 yesterday) I find the Cardo a better bang for the buck.
    I agree. My Scala 500 has worked flawless, so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpapa
    I just started using the 650 ~2weeks ago. I received the earglove wireless headset as a gift and have been using it for about 3 days now. In addition, My father in law and his girlfriend have also purchased the 650 and also have the earglove. Two of the eargloves have been activated and, I must say, I have been very disappointed. You can hear fairly well with it, but pretty much everyone I havetalked to told me thhey either could not understand me, barely could, or there was significant static. Is there a remedy?

Is there a better blue tooth headset with proven sound quality? ANY THOUGHTS? Thank you
    Happy New Year to all.

Thanks again to all who post with a wealth of info that I appreciate reading.

I had the body Glove blue voice BT headset and tried it with both of my T650's and it was a disaster. You can search that product name and you will find a a lot of dissatisfaction with that headset. If anyone knows if this headset works with any other handset, I'd love to know so I could sell it. Otherwise, it is sitting in its box for now and will remain there.

It is my understanding and personal experience that the BT implementation on our T650's could and should be better. The Scala 500 still has static especially where there is WIFI. The range of the headset could be better than T650 users are experiencing. I have the same problem with static on the Scala when the 650 is out of sight and not far away.

Luckily, The acceptable volume on the Scala makes up for that part of the 650's BT deficiency. The Scala is pretty comfortable and I am convinced that if the BT implementation is fixed/updated in the T650, the Scala will be great.

The phone does not ring in my Scala 500.
    Redial is working on my scala 500.
    It is my understanding that redial does not work on the Sony 660.
    It is my understanding that the phone does ring in the Song 600.

With respect to sound quality, many other posts have discussed this and regarding the Scala 500 I posted:

The good news is that with the Scala, I was told that the "tunnel effect", "old fashioned cell phone effect", digital dithering and noise cancellation artifacts heard by the people with which we speak were not as bad as they were when using the T650 handset (or speakerphone) with no headset.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Mike
    FYI- 660 does ring in the headset on incoming call.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    FYI- 660 does ring in the headset on incoming call.

Scala does to, PMed produce with setting
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    Scala does to, PMed produce with setting
    Re: Scala 500 autoanswer and ringing on headset:

It works.

Thanks again for the pm and pointing out the preference.

Thanks

Mike