1.    #1  
    I use ICAL on my PB and want to sync. with my T600. I have my main calendar, which resides on my PB and I also have a couple of remote calendars that are subscribed. I was surprised to note that even though I had my subscribed calendars not being viewed, when I did a sync they all showed up on my T600. My desire is to only sync. calendars that I am viewing so that I don't propogate these other calendars since I don't have an easy way to turn them off on the T600.

Question is - has anyone else run into this problem and if so, is there a solution? I realize that I can unsubscribe everytime that I do a sync., but this is a lot of work, especially if I sync. once a day or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk
    I use ICAL on my PB and want to sync. with my T600. I have my main calendar, which resides on my PB and I also have a couple of remote calendars that are subscribed. I was surprised to note that even though I had my subscribed calendars not being viewed, when I did a sync they all showed up on my T600. My desire is to only sync. calendars that I am viewing so that I don't propogate these other calendars since I don't have an easy way to turn them off on the T600.

Question is - has anyone else run into this problem and if so, is there a solution? I realize that I can unsubscribe everytime that I do a sync., but this is a lot of work, especially if I sync. once a day or so.
    If you don't tell iSync specifically not to, it will sync all your calendars whether you have them viewable in iCal or not.

To fix this, open iSync, click on your Treo's icon, and look under the Calendars section. Chances are, you will find that it is set to synchronize "All" calendars.

Click on "Selected" and then uncheck the calendars you don't want synchronized to the Treo (see attached screenshot for example).

Then do a hotsync, and presto!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much for the information. It's exactly what I wanted to do. I've recently switched to a Mac and it's taking me a little while to get the "tricks" down.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk
    Thank you very much for the information. It's exactly what I wanted to do. I've recently switched to a Mac and it's taking me a little while to get the "tricks" down.
    No problem. Glad it solved your problem.

How are you liking the switch so far?
    Big ups to jjprusk the switcher! We're glad to have you on our team.
    -mbd26
  6.    #6  
    I've been in the computer industry for a long time and have been part of many changing tides. I have a minicomputer background and have been using PC's since when they first came out in 1981. My PB is the first MAC I've owned and so far (I've had it for 3 months now) it has been great. When Apple came out with OS X, which is basically the MAC look and feel over a proper BSD Unix exec I became very interested. Apple has done a great job of making a good user experience built on top of a solid base. The Mac apps are excellent and very friendly. The two things that drove me away from Windows was that reliability has become very bad (to say the least) and the system is so bloated that it has become slow and welcome to hackers. MS has put so much supposed functionality into its systems that it is being crushed under its own weight. It's really quite a shame as the Windows NT system was properly architected and could've been a very robust and user friendly system. Unfortunately, MS decided to "layer bust" early in the history of Windows NT and I doubt they will recover - once the software is compromised to this level its very difficult to recover.

Anyway, my thinking is to use Mac's for end-user systems and Linux is coming on strong for the server side. BTW - I also bought my wife a PB to replace her laptop PC and she loves it as well.