Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    [ just a little scratch because it hit my shoe first! Lucky me ]
    Some would say lucky is not dropping it. Anyway good news that it's not hurt.
    Last edited by Boobookins; 12/30/2004 at 09:27 AM. Reason: grammer - added the word "say" which was missing
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  3.    #3  
    Luckily it hit my shoe first......
    get egrips, they arent near as slippery after that. I sometimes wonder if the treo was designed so you would drop it as slippery as they can be sometimes.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    test your audio headset jack to make sure that you're still getting full stereo sound when playing tunes or watching a movie. I dropped mine and thought I only had a scratch and next thing I know my audio headset jack was screwed up. Lucky p1 sent me a new one. New headset jack and no scratches. lol
    Why would anyone care that you dropped your Treo ??? Is it worthy on an actually thread?

"Last night I talked on my Treo for 43 minutes. Pretty kewl huh?"
    ah yes, but how was the sound quality, crabkilla? Did your phone reset in the middle? Did KB lights off work? How much battery usage did that take?
    How tall is this person? That would allow us to calculate just how much
    force it hit with and the relative durability of... But what kind of shoes?
    GMS
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabkilla
    Why would anyone care that you dropped your Treo ??? Is it worthy on an actually thread?

Considering you opened a thread with just that title, one would assume at the very least YOU cared.
    I wonder each time I take it out of my belt pouch when I'm finally going to drop it. Looking into a Vaja flip case for it.

Sometimes a tread like this can bring some awareness to potiental problems or in my case, make me get off my a** and get the proper case for it.

DJ
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by crabkilla

You cared enough to click on this thread.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj81462
    I wonder each time I take it out of my belt pouch when I'm finally going to drop it. Looking into a Vaja flip case for it.

Sometimes a tread like this can bring some awareness to potiental problems or in my case, make me get off my a** and get the proper case for it.

DJ
    I refuse to use a case for the treo.. I think it loses it's form and it no longer looks like a treo. It can get people confused with the 600 (we wouldn't want that now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbutt
    I refuse to use a case for the treo.. I think it loses it's form and it no longer looks like a treo. It can get people confused with the 600 (we wouldn't want that now).
    this is your answer
    click here
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    is egrips really the answer to drop protection?? I'm waiting on the pacific rim metal case that's customized for the 650. Seems to add the best protection, with neoprene lining, everything accesible, especially the keyboard, but not the screen. However, I'd rather a plastic cover over the screen since I rarely ever use the touchscreen anymore.
    I would recommend the Flexiskin from Boxwave.

Provide a shield of silicon. Treo form factor is pretty much maintained.

Very happy with mine thus far.
    Wow. I just learned something; egrips and Flexiskin; alternatives to the bulky cases. Cool. That Flexiskin must be made of some high grade space-age silicone. Well, I guess its still cheaper than a Vaja Case. Thanks to Gilbutt, Woof and of course mikec. This site rocks.
    I finally purchased egrips on their website. I used PayPal, and everything looks ok. Now all of a sudden, I get a second invoice for a purchase from NJ using my billing address! Type of transaction is described as "credit card"!! In a panic, I checked all my credit cards and nothing is coming up suspicious. Anyone else have this experience??
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    is egrips really the answer to drop protection??
    I think so. The treo is so NOT slippery with egrips its almost difficult to drop it. W/O them its like a wet fish in your hand. I have friends who had 600's w/o egrips and as soon as they handled my phone they ordered them. They dont last forever but they are worth the $$. If you have a 600 get the wrapback. The 650 there is only one option but I am only using the battery lid piece on mine.

It's kinda cool how it will sit on the dash of your car and not slide as you drive around a corner too.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I think so. The treo is so NOT slippery with egrips its almost difficult to drop it. W/O them its like a wet fish in your hand. I have friends who had 600's w/o egrips and as soon as they handled my phone they ordered them. They dont last forever but they are worth the $$. If you have a 600 get the wrapback.
    It really does make sense to not even get an expensive full metal case when a little rubber could keep the sweetest looking phone ever visible and prevent the drops from even happening. How long does the egrips last, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    The 650 there is only one option but I am only using the battery lid piece on mine.

It's kinda cool how it will sit on the dash of your car and not slide as you drive around a corner too.
    Yea, it doesn't make sense to use anything else other than the battery lid piece. I don't think that friction has anything to do with area of the material...it's type of material, etc. (been outta physics class for a while).

I might have to try it out. Does anybody know which is better - the egrips or the skin case? Mainly in reference to grippiness or anything else you could compare between the two. It seems like egrips would be better, but the skin case does protect the whole phone from nicks. However, the skin case also takes a lot of the sexiness away from the sweetest looking phone ever that I mentioned above.

Which should I compare against the pacific rim hard metal case, even though it's apples vs. oranges (I'm starting to really hate that saying in the tech world)??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast