1.    #1  
    are they working on their own app launcher for the SD card? i'd prefer this option instead of them making the file system more efficient.
    (i know they are giving away memory for a limited time, assume until their fix comes out)
    I think it's imperative that they make the file system more efficient. Without a doubt, that's the biggest "blunder" they made on the 650 (and probably the T5 as well). Sure, more onboard memory would have been nice, but the efficiency would still be sub-par.

As for the app launcher, I don't think we'll see anything from P1. They'll likely leave that up to the developer community.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    P1 has already addressed the memory fix. There are giving away 128 mrg SD cards. Let's just hope they will really fix it.
    The 128 MB SD cards are just a temporary measure to appease us while they work on a permanent solution. If they DON'T come up with a permanent FIX, that's the end of PalmOne (and they know that!). I've been a user and supporter of Palm since the original PalmPilot (then the Palm IIIe, Palm IIIxe, Treo 180g, Treo 600, and now 650), but this will be the end of the line for me if they don't rectify the problem.
    Me too, if palm doesn't fix this I will convert to the benq p50 when and if it comes out. I think they will have a fix for it, the question is when. It took 7 months for a rom fix on the 600 that allowed voice recordings. Granted this is a bit more serious of a problem so they are probably pushing it through. I have heard rumors of an early January rom update. WOnder if the rom update will fix the memory issue or just the sound quality. Hope they get it fixed soon.
    Last edited by jayzee; 12/30/2004 at 10:08 AM.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf
    The 128 MB SD cards are just a temporary measure to appease us while they work on a permanent solution. If they DON'T come up with a permanent FIX, that's the end of PalmOne (and they know that!). I've been a user and supporter of Palm since the original PalmPilot (then the Palm IIIe, Palm IIIxe, Treo 180g, Treo 600, and now 650), but this will be the end of the line for me if they don't rectify the problem.
    I totally agree.
    the 128 meg card is purely a band-aid, and a poor one at that, since Z-launcher was not included free with it. In no way does this fix what is still a significant problem. I doubt very seriously that P1 will do any kind of hardware fix. the best we can hope for would be a software ROM update.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf
    the end of PalmOne?
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    ... I will convert to the benq p50 when and if it comes out. ... .
    What is (will be?) the benq p50? Is it worthwhile looking into/waiting for? I really don't want to get a 650 but I'd like to upgrade.