1.    #1  
    Last night I downloaded one of the best programs I have on my Visor. It is called AvantGo (www.avantgo.com). I wasn't clear what it did until I began using it. Essentially it captures content anywhere off the web you want and puts it into your Visor. What this means is that you can read the Wall Street Journal, see how your stocks are doing, check your local weather, or look up movie times all right on your Visor and all for free!!
    The websites you select are updated whenever you go online and then whenever you hotsync the pages are transferred in text version to the Visor. While you can pick your own pages to put in, not all pages are formatted very well for the Palm OS. I suggest you pick from AvantGo's list of sites (which is extensive) to start with. In particular, if you get Hollywood.com, and the weather channel they will both ask you (once downloaded into your Visor) for your zip code and the next time you hotsync they will download local info for you. Your friends will be impressed when they suggest going to a movie and you pull out your Visor to check local movie times!!
    The program is a little tricky to download as it asks some info about the name of your host and server. Look in FAQ's at AvantGo to find most answers. If you have a problem just post a message and someone will answer it.
    If you want movie times, you can't beat Showtimes, a free app located at PalmGear. Blows Avantgo movie listings out of the water.
    Hi, Daniel:
    I have the hardtime to configure the showtime, do you mind show me in detail of what to do so I can set it up to download from yahoo. Thank you very much

Originally posted by Daniel:
    If you want movie times, you can't beat Showtimes, a free app located at PalmGear. Blows Avantgo movie listings out of the water.
    I have been hearing about AvantGo since I started visting this site but never really explored it until i read this thread. Tonight I loaded it and now I am certain it will be one of the most important pieces of the Visor puzzle. I can see this as an extreemly useful tool. I wish I had bothered to look into this sooner. Thanks!!!
    Originally posted by ginachiang:
    Hi, Daniel:
    I have the hardtime to configure the showtime, do you mind show me in detail of what to do so I can set it up to download from yahoo. Thank you very much

Open getdata.cfg with Notepad (make sure word-wrap is turned off in the menu), find the three URL lines, and change the zip code in all three lines to your zip code. Save the file, run getdata, hotsync.

good luck