1.    #1  
    Why can't they make this thing louder? I mean it is perfect, except when I am in my jeep rumbling down the road I can't hear the other person at all. When I am at home in a quiet house it is fine, but just NOT good enough when I am anywhere with some background noise.

I tryed the ear gel thing and it makes it louder, except the ear gel keeps falling off. I am so frustrated, I may just order the scala one.

-Josh
    Last edited by JMann2380; 12/29/2004 at 11:35 PM.
    I just got mine today and yes it needs to louder in a loud environment.

BUT, it's not the headset's fault, it's P1 and the Treo. I don't know what they are doing but with other phones all the headsets are louder. The HBH-660 is the best I've tried so far but P1 is the one that needs to fix this!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm, I haven't been keeping up, so your saying it is not the headset? I need to try it on my gf LG325 and see if it is louder.

It just sucks... I was loving this thing until I had to talk in my car on the way home from work, it was just unusable.

BTW, doe the mute thing work on this headset? I have read people saying this, but exactly what do you do?

-Josh
    I use the 660 on other BT phones and it is plenty loud...on the Treo it is quieter...this is a Treo issue, not a Sony one....might want to change the topic text.
    I just got my HBH-660 today and it definately needs to be louder! Palm One are you listening?Otherwise I love it. I did order the eargels from www.slicsound.com . I heard they make a huge difference.
  6.    #6  
    Well I just paired it up with the LG325 and it is definitely louder, so I know it has it in it . I dunno this just ticks me off!

BTW, what about the mute thing, does it work on the 660?
    Go to Radio Shack, get a pack of Jabra clear EarGels, find on that fits, and put it on the 660. You'll have to turn the Treo and the headset volumes down! You'll also be able to lose that annoying (to me anyway) ear clip. After this, you will love your HBH-660 - I guarantee it!
    just got scala 500, plenty loud so far..was designed for use in loud outdoor environment..got from TC ....great deal & fast service!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I have both , the HBH 660 and the scala, and 1st thing I noticed how much louder the scala is.
    Last edited by sjjones; 12/30/2004 at 08:54 AM.
  10.    #10  
    I have the colored jabra ear gels and they won't stay on, I will stop today and pick up pack of the clear ones to see if they are different.

I may just have to order the scala to see if it is better.

-Josh
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have a 660 and found that if I max out the volume at the phone and the headset the it is acceptable. If I use the BTMutev1.1.prc then it is definitely loud.

I will try the clear jabra gel later this weekend.

My favorite features of the 660 are the caller id and being able to hear the ring and answer calls on the 660 without having to reach for the phone.
    If I am not mistaken when you turn up the headset volume on a bt headset it turns up the volume on the phone too. At least thats what it did with my 660 before I lost it.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I haven't tested this extensively but I don't think this is correct. I was maxing out the volume on the 660 last night and it didn't change the volume on the Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    If I am not mistaken when you turn up the headset volume on a bt headset it turns up the volume on the phone too. At least thats what it did with my 660 before I lost it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    The volume on my 650 and the headsets I have tried have been independant of each other. I have not tried the 660.
    I got the 660 two days ago and while it could be louder, it's fine as is and better than others I tried. I tried it in my truck going 80mph down the interstate and could hear just fine.

Thought I'd mention this because this thread (along with some others) made me think twice about this headset because of the volume.
    Odd mine seemed to work together.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Odd mine seemed to work together.
    Can you see the indicator on your 650 change or actuall see a change after the fact. That would be pretty cool if I could this working.
    The eargels seem to do a really good job of focusing sounds from the speaker into your ear. It's a shame that you'd have to do that to make a $80-$100 headset work, but hopefully P1 will come up with a solution.
    is the sound over the blue tooth still not loud enough like cdma version. i had 3 diffrent units with sprint version last month tried them with sony hbh-660
    i cant hear well if im in the car windows closed, compare it with p900 and pda2k, mpx 300
    Different headsets have different volume potential, and did you try the "mute trick" or btmute? I have a friend with a Sprint 650 and Scala-500, and he can use it in a noisy bar just fine. I have my Scala--waiting on roadshow GSM 650.

Todd/Indy