1.    #1  
    Anyone know how I can use my BT headset with both my Treo650 and my desk phone...i.e. some type of adapter for my desk phone? I have just ordered a Sony SBH-300, SBH-660 and Cardo Scala 500 to test out...I am wondering if anyone knows if either of these can have dual profiles? The Sony web site doesn't say too much.

Thanks!
    Depending on the phone, if it has a 2.5mm jack, you can buy a plug-in BT adapter to use with it. Not sure where to direct you to get it, but I know they are out there. Might want to ask Marcus.
  3.    #4  
    Will the 2.5mm adapters work for landline phones? From the ones I have found it looks like they are designed for cell phones although they aren't really clear about it.

Also, there is a headset at:
    http://www.gnnetcom.com/US/EN/MainMe...ns/GN+6210.htm
    which looks good...but I dont' see any revies for it (they had an earlier model but still no reviews I can find really).

Anyone here ever try the GN Netcom headsets?
  4.    #5  
    Bye the way...I found that headset via the link provided by sxtg...thanks
    I purchased the Gn Netcom bluetooth headset through an on-line vendor (I don't know which one, I just googled, found the lowest price for it and bought it from them). I love it. It pretty much automatically switches between the two phones (my office phone and my Treo 600 with the Jabra adaptor that mentioned earlier in this thread). I sometimes have trouble if one phone rings while I'm on the other, or I try to switch between phones before deactivating the headset. But all I do then is wait a few seconds and try again, and it usually finds the right phone with no problem.

If you've used the Jabra 200/250 before and liked it, you'll like this. I know a few people who've used it and hated it for various reasons, so they probably wouldn't like this set, but I do.

One caution: I've seen (both here and on other fora) that the Jabra is notorious for not being clear outside with any wind. I have also found that to be true. According to people on the other end, when I try to use the headset outside, in any type of wind at all, I am almost completely inaudible due to the wind noise. It's a great headset, IMO, for inside and in the car, etc., but I don;t even try to use it outside at all anymore.
  6.    #7  
    JJRad,

Thanks a lot for the review. I think I will give it a try.

Also, I found another pretty neat product that may have a use:

https://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
    I too am looking for a BlueTooth headset that works well with my Treo 650 and my desk phone. Ideally, my requirements are:

* in the ear
    * compatible with treo 650
    * hookup to a landline phone
    * charging base
    * noise cancelling
    * would like to play mp3s, but not necessary (headset and hand set profiles?)

I found these two options:

1. Plantronics Voyager 510S® Bluetooth® Headset System; $290
    http://www.headsets.com/headsets/wir...scription.html
    not available yet apparently

2. The GN 6210 is available from ~US$140 via the Geek.com PriceGrabber store front; MSRP is $279. You can use the headset with non-Bluetooth phones by purchasing the adapter for about $60. $199 at hellodirect

as another option, I thought about buying an adapter for the desk phone and potentially saving some money...

3. Bluetooth Phone Base BT-340; sells for $76
    http://www.cooldrives.com/bluetooth-...e-station.html

Has anyone had any success with these or any combination that works well with both the Treo 650 and their deskphone? I would really appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!
    The 6210 setup come sin several "packages", make sure you are getting everything you need. I have seen it sld with just the ehadset, headset + desk attachment and headset, attachment and phone lifter. Reports her eon the jabra 250 here on TC were more unfavorable thna not, so i skipped it.
    This is a great thread. From a functional perspective, I would really like the Plantronics 510S product for my office. I wish that you did not have buy their headset so you could use your own.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Is there any simple adapter (deskphone to bt) that I can buy to use with the bluetooth headset I already have? I don't want to buy the Netcom or Plantronics systems. I also need it to work on my office phone relpacing the coreded headset, but not the entire phone.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a solution for the Palm branded blue-tooth headset?