1.    #1  
    I'm getting so frustrated. I love the form factor, battery, and "bling-bling" of my 650, but half the time I'm using it I simply feel too stupid to make it work. There isn't a chance in he11 that I'll get rid of it, I just need education regarding how to manage data and applications on it (OS5 & Zlauncher). I've been a Windows mobile guy for the last couple of years; my last palm used OS 3.5 and I never had a problem with it - but I never pushed it like I do now after getting used to what I consider powerful windows based systems.

Most of my frustration stems from not understanding file and program management. I load Documents to go files on my card (since I'm about out of memory), but they somehow seem to end up back on the 650. I can see them on the card, but they're grayed-out and won't execute. When I look on the 650 there they are, completely executable. I absolutely baffeled by Zlauncher. I don't understand why it's even necessary, but apparently it or something like it is, since apparently Palm gave us a card slot that's only marginably usable without it.

I guess what I need is a Palm OS 5 and Zlauncher for Dummies book. Does anything like this exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov
    I load Documents to go files on my card (since I'm about out of memory), but they somehow seem to end up back on the 650. I can see them on the card, but they're grayed-out and won't execute. When I look on the 650 there they are, completely executable.
    Have you used this utility from DataViz (makers of Documents-to-Go) to move DTG to your SD card (http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13105).

As far as your other problems, look around this forum as there is a wealth of information. Look for comparisons of ZLauncher with PowerRun for moving apps to the SD card. PowerRun plus the free app FileZ are all you need if you just want to move apps to, and manage them on, the SD card. ZLauncher is a great app but can be very overwhelming (IMO) if you are new to the Palm platform and just want to move applications around.
    Actually P1 is now advertising a book for learning the Treo. It's supposed to be good for both the 600 and 650. You can see it here:

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...0001&cat=20020
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Guys. I did load and use the DataViz utilty you mentioned. Things just seem to move back to the internal memory after I use them. I'll buy the book, which makes me feel like such an *****. I "get" windows, but for some reason I just don't get Palm, and until I do I just won't feel in control of my PDA or comfortable that I'm managing it effectively.
    I love your title! I was tempted to use it myself when I first got the 650.

One thing that really helped me when I was stressed with learning the 650 was PM'ing some of the Powerusers for help. This was very helpful since scouring through the threads can be a feat in itself. So take it one task at a time, persevere and you will get it.

Personally, I use Powerrun since I found Zlauncher too advanced and complicated for my patience as well as my needs.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  6.    #6  
    I just read another thread regarding launchers and I'm convinced that Powerrun might be the answer to my woes. Most of my confusion began when I installed Friggin Z.
    I used the DataViz utility to put Docs to go on my SD card. The files are there but here are no icons. Is that correct?