Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Why Have Several People In This Thread Asked If Anyone Has Found The Thesaurus, And People Are Completely Ignoring That Question?!
    Have you found it?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Why Have Several People In This Thread Asked If Anyone Has Found The Thesaurus, And People Are Completely Ignoring That Question?!
    Because It Is Our Little Secret!

No, In All Seriousness, When You Look Up A Word, It Has The Definition And It Also Has Some Synonyms. And That's What A Thesaurus Provides: Synonyms. In Other Words, The Thesaurus Is Integrated.

The More Important Question Is, Why Am I Capitalizing Every Word?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I don't believe the Thesaurus is a separate application. I think they're counting the "Synonyms" and "Similar" listings along with the definitions as a built-in thesaurus.

ERic
    I tried to order and got the following cryptic error message:

An error occurred: Value for '' is not valid.

I'm wondering if it means the code for the discount.
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    That software crashed my Treo 600 consistently. $2.81 is a small refund but I've requested it anyway.

It wasn't that I needed yet another dictionary/thesaurus since I already had all of these loaded:

1. DDH Software's "The Thesaurus" which also uses the same dictionary and thesaurus file that comes with Quickoffice -- (fast spelling checks and synonyms)

2. Handmark's Oxford American Desk Dictionary/Thesaurus -- (more of a dictionary)

3. e-Reader's Webster's New World College Dictionary -- (can work standalone but designed to be used while reading e-books)

4. e-Reader's Random House Roget's Thesaurus - (same as #3)
    Quote Originally Posted by its_treo4me
    I am having major problems with this app.. can I get some help. The icon isn't showing up. I cant pull it up anywhere. I see the huge amount of space it has taken up. About 5MB I see English Lexical Data...when I go to Info.. but there are on records for this app and the version says 0.0. What happened?
    There are two files -- the dictionary engine called SlovoEd.prc (around 200k), and the dictionary database called English_English.prc (around 8.3MB). You can install both files to RAM, install both files to your SD card, or install the engine file to RAM and the database file to your SD card (that's what I did).

In Launcher, the app is called SlovoEd (I know, not very intuitive... )

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    • To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    • To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I downloaded and installed the files and it caused my 650 to go into a soft reset loop. It kept resetting until I performed a hard reset. Oh well, $3 down the drain
    Any chance that anyone has a coupon for the French English translation dictionary?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by davecombs
    I tried to order and got the following cryptic error message:

An error occurred: Value for '' is not valid.

I'm wondering if it means the code for the discount.
    It probably means that you entered non-alpha characters in the order form. You should not put the dashes between the numbers in your credit card and no other dashes or slashes should be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by finkkatz
    I downloaded and installed the files and it caused my 650 to go into a soft reset loop. It kept resetting until I performed a hard reset. Oh well, $3 down the drain
    Read the email you received after purchasing. It provides the link you need to get a refund, if you think it is worth the effort.
    Spot on, finkkatz. I'm using the Google Toolbar's Autofill and it put dashes in my 9-digit zip code and phone numbers (not in the CC, though). Downloaded just fine.
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    DOH!! It's back to $20 bucks now...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    DOH!! It's back to $20 bucks now...
    No its not. I just tried it. You have to enter the code ENGLDICT after its in your cart.
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    While $3 is a great deal for this dictionary, my preference is Dictionary-to-go by learnngtogo.com. It costs $7 more, but heck of a lot better dictionary. The newest version well suited for Treo application.
    Damn, I wish I would have know about this before I spent $30 on Oxford.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123