Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The resoning behind all this from what i've heard is that too many people are trying to use them as upgrade plans. Lets say you buy a Treo 600, and then it poops out, then you swap it for a 650. You get a 3rd generation iPod, and then a year later it craps out, then you get a 4th gen and don't pay a dime more. Now the best things are the PRPs. These are PRODUCT REPLACEMENT PLANS. This means the have to replace it. Or you can do a voucher for the price you paid. Example would be my XBOX craps out in another year, and then there is no such thing as the X, but X2, then I get the X2 (if it is that price) or I can get my $$ from the X, then pay the rest for the X2.

I really wish Cell phones were replacement plans, but with the loss of $$$, and people lying about defective units, they won't replace in store. Even thought it was a service plan, phones did used to get swapped instore.

My MP3 almost kicked the dust last night, and it is a PRP, meaning they would just say... Go get a new one off the shelf, and that's that. If it isn't out, i'd get what was comparable, or just get my $$ back. PRPs rock, PSPs are a pain in the ****. If its service, then that means send it in, and cell phones are just that.
    IF you have a psp read the fine print. Once they replace the phone (with another refurb), the psp has been fulfilled and is no longer in effect. I went through BB to get my 600 fixed and they told me to go to Sprint or else call 1-800 number. The person at the BB 1-800 number sent me to Sprint so i wouldnt use up my warranty before the manufacturers warranty was up. Won't buy from Best Buy again!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummindave
    The resoning behind all this from what i've heard is that too many people are trying to use them as upgrade plans. Lets say you buy a Treo 600, and then it poops out, then you swap it for a 650. You get a 3rd generation iPod, and then a year later it craps out, then you get a 4th gen and don't pay a dime more. Now the best things are the PRPs.
    The BB salemen offering the PSPs are in part to blame for this. Given they use it as part of their sale pitch. And it is EXACTLY what the BB salesperson told me although I already knew the deal and was playing "dumb". He told me how I could upgrade later if I had problems and how some guy even used the plan after his "dog chewed the phone". Playing dumb you can hear salespeople say the wildest things .

Everyone familiar with Treos knows that they have their quirks. So offering a replacement plan that allows upgrades on Treos is an open invite for people to use it as an upgrade plan.
    I know, some of them are stupid. I've heard it myself. One of your employees told me I could drop it and beat it, blah blah. I was hoping it wasn't true, but I personally heard a guy at my last store tell this customer.... Oh yeah, you can hit this with a baseball back, it can get ran over with a mack truck........ He was a cash register person, and when I heard him say this I about went nuts. Not only was he saying wrong stuff, he was affecting MY department, and I wasn't about to let that happen. I think it was an MP3 player.

And true mostlymac. The PSP is fulfilled. I like the PSP on my laptop cause i'll eventually be getting a new one. Goes in 4x and its a LEMON. That doesn't happen alot, but I get the shaft with electronic devices, and since I get a little break on PSPs, and PRPs I get them on EVERYTHING. TV has been fixed, MP3 player came close, Laptop will be a new one, Microwave is wearing out. Damn, i'm bad luck I guess.

And how about that KU game? That was close
    Well, just wanted to let you all know that as of today, STILL nothing in the inventory systems. No new instock date, ad no items in transit.

I haven't received my info from corporate yet either. Someone obviously has no idea. May take a stab at it again.
    At this rate everyone except people trying to upgrade via a PSP will have purchased a Treo 650 via another source.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i already went thru this back in august when i was thinkin ahead. i gave up on it long ago.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=corporation
    Ok what i found out that there is a handfull of stores that have the 650. I forgot the name of them but they have them in stock now. there some kind of test store. If you goto best buy and ask a guy whos worked there a while he should be able to tell you. There is like 20 of them around the usa.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    i already went thru this back in august when i was thinkin ahead. i gave up on it long ago.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=corporation
    This whole issue is a Class Action Lawsuit waiting to happen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12