Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    One solution is to create a second Gmail account and have all your first Gmail account's mail forwarded to that second account. Use the second account with your Treo and the first account with your desktop computer.
    Does your desktop email marks all Gmail as read? If yes, then Snapper would not see the mails.
    Can any one tell me the settings to make in snapper to get gmail working. I have them set up but I can't get past connecting...
    thanks
    This experience has some similarities.

I currently have my desktop email retrieve gmail mailbox, although the process does not mark the email as read and I have not even read my gmail email at all, the next time I try to retrieve the mail, it says "0 messages found" and all my email from my treo inbox disappears.

The only I can make the email show up is to go logon to gmail and go to > settings > Forwarding and POP > POP Download Option 1, select Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded) and save.

Then, the email shows up in my inbox again.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkwolf
    Can any one tell me the settings to make in snapper to get gmail working. I have them set up but I can't get past connecting...
    thanks
    From Snappermail website:

GMail
    These instructions require that you have the Premier or Enterprise edition of SnapperMail. GMail are rolling out their POP3 access in stages, so be aware that not all accounts will support this setup initially.

Log into your Gmail account, go into Settings, select the "Forwarding and Pop" link, and under POP3 Download, enable the type of POP3 access you want.

In your SnapperMail server account settings (Menu | Options | Edit Accounts | (choose account) | Server), enter the following:

POP3 Server: pop.gmail.com
    Username: your full GMail email address
    Password: your GMail password

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
    Username: your full GMail email address
    Password: your GMail password

IMPORTANT: Tap the "More" button at the bottom of the screen.

For POP3 Settings:
    - Set the "Use SSL" dropdown to "Always Secure (wrapped port)"
    - Use Port 995 (this port number should automatically be set when you select the SSL option listed on the line above)
    - Leave the other checkboxes unchecked.

For SMTP settings, you can use either "Set" of settings below. There is no mention to the word "Set" anywhere in the SnapperMail interface. These are merely two different ways that you can configure SnapperMail to send Email using GMail's server. Simply choose the set below that you want to use, but do not mix the settings together between both sets.
    SMTP SETTINGS "More..." Set #1:
    - Set the "Use SSL" dropdown to "Always Secure (STARTTLS)"
    - Use port 587 (you will have to manually set this port number)

SMTP SETTINGS "More..." Set #2:
    - Set the "Use SSL" dropdown to "Always Secure (wrapped port)"
    - Use port 465 (this port number should automatically be set when you select the SSL option listed on the line above)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12