1.    #1  
    If anyone is planning to drop their 650 several feet from their shirt pocket into a 64oz cup filled with water that just happens to be sitting on their desk, learn from my misfortune and resist the tempatation to do so. Otherwise, you will end up with a discolored and waterspotted screen and a cracked digitizer panel like myself.

An interesting side effect of my accident is that dunking my 650 gave me a good excuse to crack open the case and look around. Amazingly after using compressed air to spray out all the obvious water and letting it dry out overnight, it starts up and works fine (aside from the digitizer)

So, does anyone know if it is possible to order a replacement screen/digitizer panel from PalmOne or any other source? PalmOne's site says to talk to Sprint and their response is to buy a replacement at full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh
    So, does anyone know if it is possible to order a replacement screen/digitizer panel from PalmOne or any other source? PalmOne's site says to talk to Sprint and their response is to buy a replacement at full price.
    Find someone who has broken everything BUT the screen/digitizer and ask to swap parts

Seriously, though, that really sucks. Makes me want to go buy insurance ASAP!
  3.    #3  
    yeah, that was my first thought. i did a quick search on ebay, and it appears that itthe 650 is new enough that no one is yet selling a broken one.

however, if anyone here has a 650 they've managed to kill that still has an intact screen that they'd be willing to sell, get in touch with me.
    Insurance is def worth it, but it should still be under warranty (assuming that it's still active under Sprint) - I screwed my screen up as well and they replaced my phone for me - the technician said that the screen is not "replace-able" persay...
    Sorry that happened to you. I had mine fall out of my pocket a couple of times, too. I now have e-Grips (first time user) on my 650 and I never worry about it sliding out of my pocket. I highly recommend e-Grips for anyone who carries the unit by itself (without a case).
    Never carry your Treo in your shirtpocket unless your pocket has a button or velcro closure. Just think how often you bend over each day. Each time you bend over (such as when you use TP) there is the possibility of an airborne treo. Of course you folks know that already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsons
    Sorry that happened to you. I had mine fall out of my pocket a couple of times, too. I now have e-Grips (first time user) on my 650 and I never worry about it sliding out of my pocket. I highly recommend e-Grips for anyone who carries the unit by itself (without a case).
    See attached pic. I just found a case that I think was a camping soap holder that is curved and holds the treo nicely. Because it is curved and wider than the Treo, It hugs the body and stays up-right in my inside jacket pocket. Notice the leash I installed also. It is multi wrapped around the antenna post with dental floss, plenty strong for the task and leaves no trace. The leash gets wrapped around my finger before the treao comes out of my pocket. I have not dropped it once in more than a year of ownership.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #8  
    I'll definitely be looking into an eGrip for my replacement. Funny thing was, I was playing with an eGrip in an in-store display last week thinking it would be handy to use on my iPod to keep it from sliding around in the car. Too bad it didn't occur to me back then to get one for my 650