1.    #1  
    It's actually worse than that. The miniature bolt at the upper left corner (or upper right if you're viewing it from the back) that fastens both the backplate and the antenna together has fallen out and is lost. I need to obtain another. That raises several questions: 1. Does anybody know where I can obtain a new one? 2. How would I describe it to whomever I might get another? 3. Does anybody know the specs on it? Thanks very much. My last resort would be to go to P1 and ask them to send me a new bolt but I'm afraid they'll insist on sending it back and I'm not about to do that, first cause I need it continually and second because I don't trust them. Thanks.
    Call PalmOne Customer Suppport and ask to purchase a replacement miniature bolt. They can sell you any spare parts including nuts and bolts for your Treo. If you want, they can send you all the pieces to create a perfect working Treo. I bought several SIM card holders for a few bucks each.
    mdavis, PM me your address and I'll send you one.

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    It's actually worse than that. The miniature bolt at the upper left corner (or upper right if you're viewing it from the back) that fastens both the backplate and the antenna together has fallen out and is lost. I need to obtain another. That raises several questions: 1. Does anybody know where I can obtain a new one? 2. How would I describe it to whomever I might get another? 3. Does anybody know the specs on it? Thanks very much. My last resort would be to go to P1 and ask them to send me a new bolt but I'm afraid they'll insist on sending it back and I'm not about to do that, first cause I need it continually and second because I don't trust them. Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    ... they can send you all the pieces to create a perfect working Treo. ... .
    Amazing they can't do it themselves! Thanks.
    Call PalmOne Customer Suppport and ask to purchase a replacement miniature bolt. They can sell you any spare parts including nuts and bolts for your Treo. If you want, they can send you all the pieces to create a perfect working Treo. I bought several SIM card holders for a few bucks each.
    If this is true, then it's a very recent policy switch from PalmOne. My friend went around and around with PalmOne's "technical support" and escalation staff trying to get replacement screws for his 2-month-old Tungsten T3. PalmOne refused to fix, replace or supply him screws under warranty, claiming that somehow this very common build problem of the Tungsten line is totally "user created." (Him and apparently plenty of others http://www.petitiononline.com/t3flaw/). PalmOne even refused to sell him the 3 screws to replace the ones that fell out of their defective device!

Bottom line: PalmOne's only solution was for him to pay them $125.00 to replace the entire f$%%ing device because they were too cheap or stupid to use sufficient Loctite or another suitable material when they built it.

Needless to say, PalmOne isn't very intelligent when it comes to supporting their customers lately, and flirting with consumer fraud by denying warranty coverage to obviously defective build quality. If PalmOne has recently changed to at least selling replacement parts at reasonable prices, it's a giant step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Joad; 12/30/2004 at 05:12 PM.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    If this is true, then it's a very recent policy switch from PalmOne. My friend went around and around with PalmOne's "technical support" and escalation staff trying to get replacement screws for his 2-month-old Tungsten T3. PalmOne refused to fix, replace or supply him screws under warranty, claiming that somehow this very common build problem of the Tungsten line is totally "user created." (Him and apparently plenty of others http://www.petitiononline.com/t3flaw/). PalmOne even refused to sell him the 3 screws to replace the ones that fell out of their defective device!

Bottom line: PalmOne's only solution was for him to pay them $125.00 to replace the entire f$%%ing device because they were too cheap or stupid to use sufficient Loctite or another suitable material when they built it.

Needless to say, PalmOne isn't very intelligent when it comes to supporting their customers lately, and flirting with consumer fraud by denying warranty coverage to obviously defective build quality. If PalmOne has recently changed to at least selling replacement parts at reasonable prices, it's a giant step in the right direction.
    I bought those SIM card holders 6 months back. This morning I found my Treo600 is missing the rubber cap that covers the antenna screw. I have no idea how it fell off. I called PalmOne US Customer Service this afternoon to request a replacement rubber cap. They are sending me one free of charge becuz I am still under the one year warranty.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=30120
    Last edited by redcap; 12/30/2004 at 08:51 PM.
  7.    #7  
    ... I found my Treo600 is missing the rubber cap that covers the antenna screw. ....
    Well that's strange. I never had a rubber cap over that screw and that's the one that's missing. I have a rubber cap below that though, and rubber caps on the other screws.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis
    Well that's strange. I never had a rubber cap over that screw and that's the one that's missing. I have a rubber cap below that though, and rubber caps on the other screws.
    I guess your's fell off too. If your unit is still under warranty, call PalmOne. They will ask you the following questions: model, serial number, when and where it was purchased, and your service carrier.