1.    #1  
    Its been over a week and no freezes or loops, I am beside myself. I had tried both versions, 3.2 that was on my 600, which I moved over, and then the upgraded 3.2.1, both to no avail ($20 down the bowl). Finally I took the app off and have been using the sprint portal to get my aol mail when neccesary (as it is much slower), and so far, no problems, all is well. I will continue to watch the P1/handango site for the 650 version, which says it will be "available soon". Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, comments, and suggestions, through this trial. In every other way I love my 650.
    Jeff
    Handandgo will refund your money. AOL used to make the vision connection on my treo 300 run hot, I told them and they refunded my money.

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    They will definitely refund your money. They did for me already. Just contact them. Let's hope the aol for treo 650 comes out soon. I've been forced to use versamail with izymail which makes versamail actually work with aol without it pulling deleted emails into your inbox. But I miss my all in one solution in aol. Having email and im in one app is much better than having to use versamail or snappermail and another chat program as people argue here everytime aol is mentioned.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bige
    as people argue here everytime aol is mentioned.
    Very True. Its almost like you are cursing..........

I also gave up on versamail, never did try snapper. The nicest discovery for me was that AOL allows for text meesages to be sent to the T650 when emails are recieved from contacts that you preset.

Thanks for the advise, I will contact handango for a refund.
    Jeff
    FYI - spoke to AOL today and they are working fast and furious on a version for the 650 but refused to give any timetable..
    Quote Originally Posted by SamCraig
    FYI - spoke to AOL today and they are working fast and furious on a version for the 650 but refused to give any timetable..
    Is there any news on this yet?
    still no word on a timetable
    Yea, the AOL app is ****. I've probably paid $60 for the different versions required to run on my different Treos. For now I'm using VersaMail which has it's issues but is free...
  9.    #9  
    An interesting update here;

I was using the Sprint Vision services (essentially accessing my aol mail via the web) up until wednesday of this past week, when for the first time I absolutely needed to reply from the phone, and when I did the person I sent the email to said they couldnt view anything in the body of the message. That evening I tried to send myself a message, and then reply to it, and as well, couldnt see anything typed in the body of the message. I contacted Sprint about it, and thier advise was that I was foolish to be using Sprint Vision to acess my AOL mail, that I should use Versamail. I told them I was very leery of using that program as I had read so much negative info about it here. She essentially said, it was my choice, but that most people here were just paranoid (sounds like she has had to deal with us TC folks b4, and didnt like it). So, I fired up and have been using versamail since last Thursday. All was fine until I wanted to review a message that I had sent a few days earlier, and versamail downloaded over 200 sent emails, which in it self was not a problem, the problem came the next time I tried to "get" mail, the option now said "get and send", and the first time I clicked on it the program began to resend the newly downloaded 200 previously sent emails. I was able to stop the send, at 47, and for the last 3 days have gotten messages from folks saying whats wrong? All 47 ended up being send half garbled. I fixed the problem by delting all incoming, sent and outbox messages, and will now not use versamail to view old mail, and continue to wait for the T650 version of AOL. I will also read the lengthy versamail fix post. Any other thoughts?
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowracer
    An interesting update here;

I was using the Sprint Vision services (essentially accessing my aol mail via the web) up until wednesday of this past week, when for the first time I absolutely needed to reply from the phone, and when I did the person I sent the email to said they couldnt view anything in the body of the message. That evening I tried to send myself a message, and then reply to it, and as well, couldnt see anything typed in the body of the message. I contacted Sprint about it, and thier advise was that I was foolish to be using Sprint Vision to acess my AOL mail, that I should use Versamail. I told them I was very leery of using that program as I had read so much negative info about it here. She essentially said, it was my choice, but that most people here were just paranoid (sounds like she has had to deal with us TC folks b4, and didnt like it). So, I fired up and have been using versamail since last Thursday. All was fine until I wanted to review a message that I had sent a few days earlier, and versamail downloaded over 200 sent emails, which in it self was not a problem, the problem came the next time I tried to "get" mail, the option now said "get and send", and the first time I clicked on it the program began to resend the newly downloaded 200 previously sent emails. I was able to stop the send, at 47, and for the last 3 days have gotten messages from folks saying whats wrong? All 47 ended up being send half garbled. I fixed the problem by delting all incoming, sent and outbox messages, and will now not use versamail to view old mail, and continue to wait for the T650 version of AOL. I will also read the lengthy versamail fix post. Any other thoughts?

This exactly why I have argued on several threads that versamail is not a viable solution for aol users. It pulls old emails and places them in your versamail inbox unless you delete every old and sent email. It's really just extra work for no reason. Furthermore at least with the crappy aol software you have two applications in one. AOL MAIL and AOL IM none of this using two applications crap. But ultimately we have to wait on slow *** aol to deliver theri crappy aol software for 650 which I'm eagerly waiting for.

You might want to use izymail with versamail. It uses an alternate server to pull your aol mail and actually only pulls your new email when you set up the filter correctly in versamail. it's what has made versamail actually usable for me.
  11.    #11  
    As I understand it BIGE, AOL is not writing this Palm software to get the AOL mail, it is actually written by Handango. If you contact AOL directly they will send you to them, and say they actually have nothing to do with the palm software.

I am curious about using IZYmail, can you detail a step by step process for me?

Thanks.
    Jeff
    I've been searching the threads for anything new on updates for the AOL Mail software. I use it on a Samsung I-330 and while not perfect it's easy and reliable. I've got a 650 sitting in a box, but after reading the VersaMail & AOL loop/reset stories, this long time palm user is a little scA-red to jump over.

If anyone has news on a treo 650 / AOL mail fix or software update timetable, please share.