1.    #1  
    32MB RAM (23 available) and 32MB ROM is printed on the box of Sprint Treo 650s. It is not accurate is it? we do not have 32 in RAM AND another 32 in ROM do we. I thought the combined total is 32 with rom using 8-9mb of the 32 leaving 23 available.
    Treoing & Loving it
    "I was told... there would be no math."
    ~'kito
    650 has 32 MB of RAM (10 useable to run applications), and 32 MB of NAND flash (23 usable for storing applications and data).
  4.    #4  
    what is that a riddle? "650 has 32 MB of RAM (10 useable to run applications), and 32 MB of NAND flash (23 usable for storing applications and data)"
    According to this math 33 mb are available for applications which is not the case.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    what is that a riddle? "650 has 32 MB of RAM (10 useable to run applications), and 32 MB of NAND flash (23 usable for storing applications and data)"
    According to this math 33 mb are available for applications which is not the case.
    Who said it was additive?

The 32 (23) MB of nand is storage. Basically a solid state hard disk. When you install a program, this is where it goes. But just like PC programs can't execute from a hard disk, and are loaded into memory to run, Palm programs can't execute from within NAND. When you start one, it is loaded (copied) into the 10 MB of RAM for execution.

This has been discussed to death on Treo Central. If you want to learn more, learn how to use the search function.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #6  
    "If you want to learn more, learn how to use the search function." thanks you are just too kind.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l

Applications can not be ran from the NAND. It is simply for storage of data and keeps it safe when the battery is removed or the unit is without power for a longer period of time. All applications and databases being accessed have to be transferred to the RAM to work. So you can store up to 23 MB of applications and data, but you only have 10 MB of RAM space to run your applications from.

The T5 have a 256 MB NAND chip, but still only has 10 MB of free RAM to applications in. This is the way the new NAND architecture works. Palm probably should have had a 64 MB RAM chip in both the T5 and 650, and a 64 MB NAND in the 650, but they didn't.

Hope this explains it a little better.