1.    #1  
    Maybe my Treo is slightly retarded, but whenever the screen is turned on, it emits a tiny high-pitched whine - reminding me of when my Grandfather used to have his hearing aid turned up too loud. Normally, it's not really noticable, except maybe late at night, when it's real dark and quiet and I'm MoBlogging from bed.
    However, I can hear the tiny, high-pitched shriek really well when I hold my ear up to my phone. This isn't really very useful when I'm playing Solitare on my Treo 600, but when I'm making a call, it noticably affects the sound quality of the call. The parties on the other end sound fine, but having the added high-pitched whine on-top of their voices gives the impression that someone's been sucking helium.

So, is there a way to turn off the screen while a call is in progress?
    Check out Screen Care from Jeff Gibson. Works well!
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Treoguard also works on this matter
    Imagination is more important than knowledge
    I would second the use of Treoguard. It does help the whining
    my original treo from handspring didn't have the whine problem that I can recall but my current 600 definitely does although not that noticeable.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Treo Guard works well in this area like previously stated.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    my original treo from handspring didn't have the whine problem that I can recall but my current 600 definitely does although not that noticeable.
    Thats EXACTLY what happened to me. Anyway im sending this one back for my 2nd replacement due to the white dots problem.
    treoguard works for me

Fred