Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. rpungin's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hello.

    On Pocket Tunes website it says that I can stream shoutcast streams using Pocket Tunes 3.0. Is it possible to do this on Treo650 using the data connection? I could not figure out how to do this. I have Pocket Tunes 3.06 Deluxe.
  2. pavejon's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #2  
    Go to shoutcast.com (on your Treo). Pick a station you want to listen to, click "Tune in!". Choose where to save the stream to, then click Yes. The next message will be :shoutcast-Download complete". Click Save. Wait a few seconds for the stream to start. The lower bitrates (96 or lower) work best.

    Hope this helps.
  3. rpungin's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
       #3  
    Wow!! Just tried it. This is awesome!!!
  4. #4  
    I have tried the method described here to get shoutcast to stream through PTunes. But nothing happens? Is this because I have Pocket Tunes set up to run off the SD card? Do I need to run Pocket Tunes off of RAM to get the stream?

    I get the download complete screen after selecting the "Tune In" link on shoucast, but nothing happens after that. PocketTunes does not load.

    Any suggestions?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    I have tried the method described here to get shoutcast to stream through PTunes. But nothing happens? Is this because I have Pocket Tunes set up to run off the SD card? Do I need to run Pocket Tunes off of RAM to get the stream?
    Hi moppet52, yes, that's right -- you need to run Pocket Tunes from RAM in order to stream Shoutcast.

    tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  6. rpungin's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
       #6  
    Why don't you try to put Pocket Tunes in RAM and see if that helps.
  7. #7  
    Another option is to put Pocket Tunes in RAM and try it out
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi moppet52, yes, that's right -- you need to run Pocket Tunes from RAM in order to stream Shoutcast.

    Thanks gave it a shot and it works. Disappointing really as I am trying to save same RAM space. Can't wait until there is a way to Hack the ROM and put some of my apps there.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    Thanks gave it a shot and it works. Disappointing really as I am trying to save same RAM space. Can't wait until there is a way to Hack the ROM and put some of my apps there.
    There is...for Sprint
    http://shadowmite.com/roms.html

    PocketTunes can't exist in ROM though from what I remember...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10. #10  
    Yeah... have an Unlocked GSM. Hoping to move other utilities (TreoGuard, KeyCaps, Fieldplus, etc.) to ROM. I might be going with Goodlink for my Exchange solution, and from what I here, even the new smaller version 4.0 is 8MB big. Need all the room in RAM that I can get!

    Thanks everyone for the answers (even though I should have stumbled on to the solution with some playing... just don't like moving apps if I don't have to).

Posting Permissions