Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what they are sending out for broken 300's right now I just broke the face plate off of it and am having it replaced wonderingif I will get another 300 or a 600 or 650
    They just gave me a 300...sorry...there's a chance you could get a 600 though
    I got a 600 after going to the sprint store.
    Me too. Sprint gave me a 600 to replace my defective 300.

WOO HOO. This thing is the SHIZNIT!!!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  5.    #5  
    I got my replacemnt Treo 600 today Wahoo
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    how many times do we have to go through this.

If you have a warranty from sprint you get a 600.

If you plan to use the insurance you get a 300.
    My wife's 300 was stolen over the holidays. Lockline sent her a 600 for replacement.
  8.    #8  
    I used lockline and got a 600
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    thats good, I guess they are starting the transition too.

I know there are still those that get 300's though,

give it a few months and it should be all 600's
    My wife just got her 600 last night from the store. They said that "the warehouse doesn't have any more 300s" so the 600 was the closest thing to replacement.
    I got my Treo 300 from Amazon about a year ago and today the hinge snapped off and the cover is hanging off now. I don't have the equipment protection program or anything like that, but do you think the Sprint store will replace it for another 300 (or a 600 if I'm really lucky?)

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by g27dotnet
    I got my Treo 300 from Amazon about a year ago and today the hinge snapped off and the cover is hanging off now. I don't have the equipment protection program or anything like that, but do you think the Sprint store will replace it for another 300 (or a 600 if I'm really lucky?)

Thanks guys.
    Sprint will not replace it without insurance. But you can pick up a replacement 300 on Ebay for pretty cheap these days.
    I tried to get my broken hing 300 replaced today and was -shot- down. If I had insurance I might have been able to get it replaced, but if I knew it was going to break, I would have bought the insurance - vicious cycle. I also didn't realize it was a common problem - sounds more like a DEFECT to me than damage. Defects should be covered by the manufacturer and not the consumer.

The only thing offered to me was the $150 rebate on a new phone purchase since I've been a customer for more than 18 months. The problem is that a new 600 or 650 is over $500 - and it's a mail in rebate so I'd have to pay full price now and then get my money back - someday.

I noticed on eBay the 600s are going for less than $200 - very tempting now.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    My lid broke and I brought it into Sprint for a replacement yesterday. The salesman told me I will be getting a 300 as they are still available. I am hoping he is wrong. Anyone out there have any recent experiance? Were they just out of 300's at the beginning of the month or are they gone forever? I should know within a couple of days and will keep my fingers crossed.
    as of 12/29/04 in Houston they gave me a 300...

I already notice cracks at the top of the flip on both sides of the clear plastic cover

where are you located?
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    North Carolina but I think they get these things from a central warehouse.....it seems that several people here have received 600's in january!
    I just got a treo 600 here in San Antonio, TX
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Bummer, they gave me a 300 today......guess I'll have to wait until the lid breaks again....
    Tell them that another 300 is unacceptable because the lid will just break again. I had an i330 replaced once and the second time it needed replacing, I said that wouldn't be acceptable, and they gladly ordered me an i500...even gave me all the accessories for free. If your 300 has already been replaced one or more times, it's not unreasonable of you to ask for a different model.
    Smartphone Evolution:
    i330 (8/03), i500 (5/04), i600 (11/04), PPC6601 (12/04), Treo 650 (1/05), PPC6600 (10/05), PPC6700 (12/05), Treo 650 (6/06), PPC6700 (9/06), Treo 700wx (10/06)
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    They appear willing to let me change carriers over this. I have been with Sprint for over 3 years, have 2 lines and spend about $125 per month. I offered to sign a two year contract if they give me a 600 or I threatened to switch to Cingular and it appears they would prefer me to switch.( I was very nice and cooperative)

Now I must decide if I want to just wait until the lid breaks again, and we all know it will, and see if they give me a 600 at that point, which allows me the freedom of staying off contract OR going with the $99 Cingular deal and sell my 300 on Ebay(its brand new after all)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast