1.    #1  
    I can't get it to work.
    I have gotten it to work with a dell model before. I am doing the exact same things.
    PDANET for 650 also does not seem to work. I got the latest drivers, etc.
    Just want to know if it's even possible with my T42.

Any tricks to get it to work?
    Thank you in advance!
    Make sure your wireless radio is enabled. Otherwise, no problems here.

Are you on different OS between your Dell and IBM?
    I have a T41 and I'm using PDANet. On the laptop, make sure your bluetooth light (green) is on. If not, Fn + F5 and enable. Did you pair your Treo with your laptop? If not, do that first. My bluetooth is COM 6 so on the PdaNet app choose "Allow Bluetooth COM 6".

Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I got it working on a t42 as well. I used the shadowmite patch. I had to clear everything from the treo, use the bt find on the t42. Once done it worked great.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys. Got it working. If all else fails, reboot. It worked.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Did you add Treo as a Personal Area Network device? Mine didn't find the Treo under this setting. I also tried under the BT Control Panel App, and while I can do BT Hotsyncs all day long, I am presuming that I need to search and setup an outbound port for DUN. No dice there either--- I was sure that I turned off Hotsync, which was occupying the virtual port.

Any additional advice would be appreciated...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Okay I got it!

For those who may still be having trouble-- the trick for me was going into the device in BT setup (I have XP Pro) then clicking on Properties. From that point, there is a services tab that you have to go into with DUN enabled on the Treo. Just click the check box and then you can add a DUN connection using the new modem.

I was also able to query my new modem and it returned results from the commands.

This is KEWL!

Now I have to run speed comparisons between DUN and the Novatel Sprint card my company uses for dial up access--I dunno which is faster yet, but I know which is cooler!