1.    #1  
    Got my Treo last week - love it. Took it with my on Christmas vacation, ran the memory down to about 500K free space. Came home, tried to sync, told me to delete some stuff and try again. Freed up space to about 800K and synced. No problems. Synced again - Palm restarted ... and continues to restart over and over again. Get to the Palm Powered splash screen and it restarts. Removed the battery. Waited a few minutes. Put it back in - still restarting over and over again.

HELP!!!
    Sounds like you installed something that may be causing the reset. Check the treo compatability list at the top of the treo 650 thread. It list all the software that will work correctlty with the treo 650 and what doesn't.
  3.    #3  
    So, everything I installed had been working fine - through multiple resets and syncs - until I came home from this trip. What did I have? Avantgo, Beyond Docs 3.007, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, and MyBible - not much.

Any other ideas/suggestions? Is it b/c I was running on too little free memory/space?

Quote Originally Posted by bige
    Sounds like you installed something that may be causing the reset. Check the treo compatability list at the top of the treo 650 thread. It list all the software that will work correctlty with the treo 650 and what doesn't.
    If the loop is from something you installed, do a system reset (manual page 233) by holding the 5-way "up" when pressing the restart button. Then you need to narrow down the problem, start with any app or utility that runs in the background or waits for some event.

If the problem is too little memory, this might not help. I personally wouldn't run any palm device with so little free memory, especially something that is a phone.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    i think your problem is the memory i was running under 2 meg of internal memory and was having hugh problems with resets. I transfered a hugh amount of programs to my 1 gig card using power run and freed up over 6 meg internal memory and it has been running fine ever since.

Fred
    I was getting reset loop and if I soft reset (holding "up" while resetting from the back), it would take me to the phone application. Everytime I tried to go to "applications" by hitting the home button, my treo would crash into the loop again.

For me, I solve this occasional problem by hotsynching right away while the phone application is being shown. After that, my treo becomes stable and I can go to Applications page without reset problem...