Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello SoufSidah09, what does that name mean? Welcome to TreoCentral. First of all, please don't get upset when people don't specifically supply you with exactly the information you ask. A little "cross chatter" about your "formal hall monitor" comment would be expected by normal human beings (which we are). Regarding your question, the Sprint store gets a list (about 2x per day) of phones that the warehouse has in sufficient quantity for store personnel to order for customers. In my experience, this list is a list of refurbished phones. If you have a Treo 300, they will want to offer you something as close to the 300 as possible. I couldn't remember exactly which phones they offered me so I delayed posting for a day hoping I could remember or research the phones that were on the list. Because of your attitude, I'm less inclined to do the research, but I'll tell you what I remember: One was a samsung "Candy bar" stlye phone. You'll want to look at the features of each of those phones. Specifically, the Samsung model didn't use Vision, but used "Wireless Web" minutes, so that phone would not be acceptable to you if you have a Vision plan. You can also insist on having a keyboard rather than having to use Graffiti. These two requirements should narrow down the phones that they can provide you to a Treo 600.

If you want to consider this thread closed, can you please post what you have learned so that others searching the thread in the future can learn from what you learned. For instance: what phones did they offer you on the list. When you indicate that certain phones were not "the same" for you (ie because no vision or no keyboard), what phones did they offer you next? In the end, what phone did you get?

Maybe off topic (but still important and useful to you/others): My guess is that the T300 that you got on EBay is a refurb that is still within Sprint's warranty period. If not, tread lightly, or Sprint may realize that you are not the original owner that the refurb was assigned to. If you do tell Sprint that you bought it on EBay, please let us know what they say and if they still honor the warranty! Once again, welcome, and please tell me what your name means.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

You called everyone who might disagree with you a "former hall monitor" and you didnt say it to be nice.
    This is a perfect example of where post count means absolutly nothing...I NEVER called everyone who might disagree with me a "former hall monitor" if you re-read and apply logic, you'll understand I just wanted responses to answer my general question and not response like yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    And to call a moderator a clown?! Tupac is beginning to affect your judgement I think.
    He affected my judgement a long time ago, unlike you I'm able to disagree with somone if they are wrong wheather they are on an internet messageboard, the president of the US, or the Gingerbread man.
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy
    Hello SoufSidah09, what does that name mean? Welcome to TreoCentral. First of all, please don't get upset when people don't specifically supply you with exactly the information you ask. A little "cross chatter" about your "formal hall monitor" comment would be expected by normal human beings (which we are). Regarding your question, the Sprint store gets a list (about 2x per day) of phones that the warehouse has in sufficient quantity for store personnel to order for customers. In my experience, this list is a list of refurbished phones. If you have a Treo 300, they will want to offer you something as close to the 300 as possible. I couldn't remember exactly which phones they offered me so I delayed posting for a day hoping I could remember or research the phones that were on the list. Because of your attitude, I'm less inclined to do the research, but I'll tell you what I remember: One was a samsung "Candy bar" stlye phone. You'll want to look at the features of each of those phones. Specifically, the Samsung model didn't use Vision, but used "Wireless Web" minutes, so that phone would not be acceptable to you if you have a Vision plan. You can also insist on having a keyboard rather than having to use Graffiti. These two requirements should narrow down the phones that they can provide you to a Treo 600.

If you want to consider this thread closed, can you please post what you have learned so that others searching the thread in the future can learn from what you learned. For instance: what phones did they offer you on the list. When you indicate that certain phones were not "the same" for you (ie because no vision or no keyboard), what phones did they offer you next? In the end, what phone did you get?

Maybe off topic (but still important and useful to you/others): My guess is that the T300 that you got on EBay is a refurb that is still within Sprint's warranty period. If not, tread lightly, or Sprint may realize that you are not the original owner that the refurb was assigned to. If you do tell Sprint that you bought it on EBay, please let us know what they say and if they still honor the warranty! Once again, welcome, and please tell me what your name means.
    Thanks for your response..

This was the type of response I was expecting...

Well my 1st day to the Sprint Store they ran Diags on my phone and simply told me they were replacing it. They checked the DHRP List and said there were no comparable replacments so they gave me the store phone # to call back the next day and check if the list (The List is updated daily) showed a similar phone they could upgrade/swap with. Today I went to the store and it seems like they were shipped a replacment Treo 300 which was issued to me.
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    I recommend that you sign up for the Lockline insurance. (I think the
    current price is $5/month.) I think your refurb will have a 90 day
    warranty. Sprint store managers have a lot of lattitude in making
    decisions about whether they want to replace your phone. Make sure
    to treat them with respect, and they'll eventually make decisions that
    are in your favor.

The T300 is a nice device. Be sure to read way back in the T300 forum
    around the time that the device came out and you will learn a lot!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5.    #25  
    Thanks for the advice, nice to know there are some good forum members here

Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    This is a perfect example of where post count means absolutly nothing...I NEVER called everyone who might disagree with me a "former hall monitor" if you re-read and apply logic, you'll understand I just wanted responses to answer my general question and not response like yours...

He affected my judgement a long time ago, unlike you I'm able to disagree with somone if they are wrong wheather they are on an internet messageboard, the president of the US, or the Gingerbread man.
    This is a perfect example of where post count..blah blah blah.

I would have happily posted an answer akin to bclancy's if by the time I had finished reading the thread your attitude hadn't turned so sour. Why anyone would help you after you turn into a jerk is beyond me. (Kudos to you Bob for looking past it)Of course the community will put you in your place if you continue to act like this. Or the mods will.

other things.

Bob's advice about the insurance is good advice.

You haven't answered his question about your name (not that I care but he politely asked you twice)

You spelled your idol's name wrong in your signature.

Lastly, I can disagree with people if they are wrong or right, it matters not. I don't have to resort to calling them names to do it though.
    My thread is now off topic becuase this clown is unable to read and comprehend
    but what is it with you clowns and this obsession with "post counts"
    and it's a public forum so anyone is allowed to respond whether you like it or not. When you own the site you can dictate the rules.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Blah. I'm ashamed I contributed to this thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12