Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Will tom tom work on a boat? Want to use it like a simple handheld gps.
    No reason it shouldn't!
    Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't. In fact it should work better than in a city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Will tom tom work on a boat? Want to use it like a simple handheld gps.
    It'll work on a boat, it'll work on a goat...
    Sorry I got all Dr. Suess on ya'.
    ~'kito
  4.    #24  
    I currently use Lowrence GPS on my boat. It shows all of the buoys leaving and entering the harbor, and other buoys and objects around. It is not clear that TomTom has these navigational Coast Guard marks built into its mapping software, although I do not know since I am still waiting for the software release.

Regarding a goat, I am unable to comment.
    Amazing! I actually searched for my question and low and behold it was just asked....

regarding using tom tom on the water, I don't care about buoys, I'll keep my eyes open. I just want to use it for A to B, tell me how many miles and give me a pointer to what direction I need to go. I have a feeling it might try to calculate the roadways while I'm on the water. Anyone know if for certain this will work?
  6.    #26  
    You know, it really gripes me when you get a line of BS from a company. I started this post very excited. TomTom said, and I quote from my email on Dec 28:

"We expect to release a version of the Navigator application that will function properly with the Treo 650 within the next three weeks, please keep in touch with our website for details."

That was on Dec. 28. Actually at the beginning of Dec. I called them and held of on Manopolis for Christmas waiting for the frigging release of the disks for the 650. I went ahead and ask for the Holux and got it for Christmas.

It now appears to me that TomTom simply wants to bundle the software with their particular GPS receiver to increase margins and never intends to release the software product at all. I will not go so far to say that they lied in their email but when they write "We expect to release a version ... within the next three weeks" their loosie goosie word "expect" gets them off the hook but not with me.

So while everyone else is using the software that purchased the receiver bundled, the rest of us can eat it or cave in to purchasing the bundle.

Bad Karma here in my opinion, TomTom I hope you read this.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    You know, it really gripes me when you get a line of BS from a company. I started this post very excited. TomTom said, and I quote from my email on Dec 28:

"We expect to release a version of the Navigator application that will function properly with the Treo 650 within the next three weeks, please keep in touch with our website for details."

That was on Dec. 28.

Um... they're now, what... 3 days past the "three week" mark?

I'm not saying it's on the way today, but isn't it a little too soon to be calling the BS flag and inventing conspiracy theories?
    Actually I got an email from their customer service discussing another issue and they said the 650 version would be out in "March"!!! I hope he was wrong. How do you go from "3 weeks" to "3 months"?!?

I still LOVE TomTom.
    ~'kito
    So if you're using the navigation on your 650, can you still be on the phone?
    I'm ready to get a GPS and map solution for my 650. So wait for TT-650 or does Nav 2004 do OK or what? I'm digging the Leadtek 9537 for the GPS. Recommendations? Hold off, something else? Thanks
    I say get Nave 2004 for Palm and then you can do updates as they evolve.
    I LOVE TomTom on my 650!
    ~'kito
  12.    #32  
    The only way to get Nave 2004 for palm is with the hardware GPS unit for $100+ more. I have a Holux 231 and am awaiting release of the software since Dec. 1. I called them a few days ago and they said maybe mid Feb. but no guarantees.

I think its clear that they are trying to force everyone to purchase the software bundled with the hardware as they said on Dec. 1 that the release date would be slightly after Christmas, then on Jan 1 they said 3 weeks, and now again they are saying three weeks more.

We all know they have 650 software as they have even released an upgrade for it. I do not think tomtom intends to release the software as a stand alone product, as tomtom has now delayed three times in my experience, each time a three week interval.

There is no technical reason for this, or product testing issue. The product exists but only bundled with the hardware. To advertise it as a product on their website in pre-order status represents false advertising in my opinion.
    I see Buy Now on this:
    http://tomtom.tomtomshop.com/product...=57&Language=4

This is the one right?
  14.    #34  
    talk about getting the run around, read the following technical support exchange:

*Customer
    02/15/2005 05:50 PM*

Before Christmas, my family asked me what I wanted. I said TomTom and a GPS receiver for my 650. TomTom said the software might be out by then, so my family went ahead and got me a Holux Gr321 receiver.

I wrote at the beginning of January and you said it would be three weeks. I called a distributor after that period and he said it would be out by Feb. 15.

It is now Feb. 15 and I still cannot get it. I read on the TreoCentral 650 forum this morning that if I wrote directly to you that you might sell a limited quantity to a few people. Could you please sell me the software?

My phone number is XXXXXXXXXX cell.
    My email is XXXXXXXX

Thank you for this consideration.

*Response
    02/15/2005 06:14 PM*

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX,

If you purchase the software for the Zire 72 is the same software you need for the Treo 650. In order to improve support there is a download in our website that you need to install in order for better support. Click the link below to redirect you to the support download.

http://www.tomtom.com/support/rightn..._text=treo+650

Kind Regards,

TomTom USA Customer Service

*Customer
    02/15/2005 06:29 PM*

I have checked the Zire 72 price on your web site and it is $299. I might as well buy the Treo650 with the GPS unit for $250.

I wanted to purchase for your advertised price of $150. Is this possible?

*Response
    02/15/2005 08:29 PM*

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX,

From which website did you see a solution for the Treo 650 with GPS receiver at the cost of $249.95? If you are looking for a solution, we only have a Bluetooth solution which is $299.95. Software only is on backorder for $149.95, however you would still need to purchase a Bluetooth GPS receiver for the solution to work.

Kind Regards,

Customer
    02/15/2005 08:52 PM*

I saw it for $239.39 here with Bluetooth:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...bosnation0e-20

As I mentinoned, my son already purchased a bluetooth receiver for me, the Holux GR231, for Christmas. I do not need another receiver.

I would like to purchase the software only package from you for $150. I realize your website says it is backordered, but has said this for a long time. I am requesting that you allow me to purchase the software for $150.

Thank you for this consideration.

*Response
    02/15/2005 09:54 PM

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX,

The software is on backorder but it should be available for purchase in the next week. Please refer to our online web store at www.mobileplanet.com

Kind Regards,

has tom tom been announced for the 650 yet?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12