1.    #1  
    So... with all this talk of using a Jabra eargel on a Sony Ericson 660, I decided to see if I could do the same with my Cardo Scala 500.

I had an old Jabra earset laying around so I tried using the eargels from that.

I used the purple(large) jabra eargel. The are two small tabs around the opening of the eargel. I cut those off with a pocket knife. Then I stretched the eargel onto the Cardo. I had to do this a few times, as it was hard to rotate the Cardo once the eargel was attached. So, to get the correct Mic angle, I had to remove the eargel, rotate it a little and re-attach it. I didn't need to use any glue. The eargel seems to fit very securely.

With the eargel on, the Cardo holds on without needing the earhanger. I barely notice it hanging on my ear. Also, the volume is about 3 levels louder now. I don't need the BTMute fix. Even without the BTMutefix, I have to turn down the volume quite a bit.

I've attached a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Update: The only real problem with the eargel is that it must be removed to put the Cardo in the charging station. Bummer... oh well.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Update: The only real problem with the eargel is that it must be removed to put the Cardo in the charging station. Bummer... oh well.
    Great job mogul , is it hard to replace it after charging it??
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    So... with all this talk of using a Jabra eargel on a Sony Ericson 660, I decided to see if I could do the same with my Cardo Scala 500.

I had an old Jabra earset laying around so I tried using the eargels from that.

I used the purple(large) jabra eargel. The are two small tabs around the opening of the eargel. I cut those off with a pocket knife. Then I stretched the eargel onto the Cardo. I had to do this a few times, as it was hard to rotate the Cardo once the eargel was attached. So, to get the correct Mic angle, I had to remove the eargel, rotate it a little and re-attach it. I didn't need to use any glue. The eargel seems to fit very securely.

With the eargel on, the Cardo holds on without needing the earhanger. I barely notice it hanging on my ear. Also, the volume is about 3 levels louder now. I don't need the BTMute fix. Even without the BTMutefix, I have to turn down the volume quite a bit.

I've attached a picture.
    Went out to Radio shack and brought mysef a set (clear Type) went on easier than I thought, Did a quick check with BTmute off in my office seems to be considerably louder.

Also for a Kicks I cut the the other large size (LHS) gel's "ear wing " off so only the sound outlet is entering the ear canal .

This works great also , with all the sound entering the ear canal , you still need the ear hook though (no problem for me)
    Last edited by sjjones; 12/28/2004 at 08:36 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah.. I like the wing, because it holds the headset onto my ear without the earclip. It seems like the first time I put it on was hard. After that.. it seems to have stretched out a little and isn't as hard to put on. I grab it by the little earwing piece and stretch it over.