1.    #1  
    I would like to use the red/power button to enable clockpop5 (by pressing and holding the button), but that is impossible since the red/power button seems to be the only way to turn off the phone/radio (unlike in the 600 where we had a separate button on top of the treo). Does anyone know of another way (e.g., menu item, software) to turn off the phone besides pressing and holding the red button?
    You can do it by going to the phone dialing pad and dialing ##66<dial> (on) and ##633<dial> (off)
    There are utililties to control the radio, but I don't know if you can steal the press-and-hold function of the red/phone button. Carriers made PalmOne include such a button so folks coming in from the phone-only world had an intuitive way to turn the radio on and off, and I guess due to space design constraints they stole one of the 4 function buttons for this.

Does clockpop5 let you pick the 4th button as a press-and-hold-to-launch button? If selecting that doesn't work, then it just won't work.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpryce
    There are utililties to control the radio, but I don't know if you can steal the press-and-hold function of the red/phone button. Carriers made PalmOne include such a button so folks coming in from the phone-only world had an intuitive way to turn the radio on and off, and I guess due to space design constraints they stole one of the 4 function buttons for this.

Does clockpop5 let you pick the 4th button as a press-and-hold-to-launch button? If selecting that doesn't work, then it just won't work.
    Yes, clockpop5 lets you pick the 4th button as a press-and-hold-to-launch button. The weird thing is that the only button that also overrides the keyguard feature is the 4th button. That's why I'm forced into using the 4th button to wake the treo up from sleep mode and quickly see the time. As soon as I let go of the button, the treo goes back to sleep (actually the procedure is to press and release the 4th button first to get to the keyguard screen and then press and hold it to launch clockpop5 - works great).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacJunkie
    You can do it by going to the phone dialing pad and dialing ##66<dial> (on) and ##633<dial> (off)
    Awesome! My problem is solved and I can set a speed dial for it. Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Yes, clockpop5 lets you pick the 4th button as a press-and-hold-to-launch button. The weird thing is that the only button that also overrides the keyguard feature is the 4th button. That's why I'm forced into using the 4th button to wake the treo up from sleep mode and quickly see the time. As soon as I let go of the button, the treo goes back to sleep (actually the procedure is to press and release the 4th button first to get to the keyguard screen and then press and hold it to launch clockpop5 - works great).
    What about pressing the green button (phone app) once to see the date and time? The Treo goes back to sleep automatically after that because of keyguard. That's what I do and thus have no need for clockpop.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    What about pressing the green button (phone app) once to see the date and time? The Treo goes back to sleep automatically after that because of keyguard. That's what I do and thus have no need for clockpop.
    ClockPop5 has a nice BIG time display that I can read without my contacts in. It also shows battery percentage and multiple upcoming calendar appointments. ClockPop5 also has the advantage that you can "pop" it from within most running apps by holding the activating hardbutton.

Awesome! My problem is solved and I can set a speed dial for it.
    Oddly this doesn't work for me if I put it in a favorites speed-dial...

Another option is to use KeyGuard Time. This little app displays a large font time (analog or digital), along with date, battery percentage, and ringer switch position anytime the keyguard is active. So to address Tim's issue of wanting to quicly check the time when the Treo is asleep... with KeyGuard Time you could use any hardbutton. The current version of KeyGuard Time does have a minor drawing bug when used on the Treo650.

ERic
  8.    #8  
    Spot on Eric for why clockpop5 is so much better than just hitting the green button. As for the speed dial option, I haven't actually tried that yet. I'm just glad I can use the red button to launch clockpop and still be able to turn the phone on and off by dialing the codes.
    Awesome! My problem is solved and I can set a speed dial for it. Thanks...
    Sorry but it doesn't work with speed dial for some reason.