1.    #1  
    Just picked up and Treo 600 and want to know if it is possible to use a bluetooth wireless earpiece? If so please let me know how and which is your best recommened device for me to purhcase.
    You can only do so if you buy an adapter (or dongle). G2 has a headset with dongle, or you can buy the Jabra A210 dongle separately and use the headset of your choice.
    the A210 is a much better dongle IMHO
    will this drain battery severely?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge
    I have used this combo for the past year until recently switching to the T650 with the bluetooth built in. Here is my take:

1) The dongle is a great solution to gain wireless headset functionality
    2) This feature is great when you are in the car or wearing clothing which would tangle your headset cord
    3) General quality of the Jabra is good, the fit of the headset works for my ear-your actual comfort may vary

minuses:
    1) After a while the dongle was a pain to attach and carry on the phone. making it valuable only in cases where I was on long calls or long drives when I expected to make multiple calls.
    2) bluetooth headsets are susceptable to interference from other wireless signals. Mine clicks periodically when in high interference areas.
    3) The Jabra dongle battery would not last as long as the battery in the headset itself. Having this second battery to maintain a charge made the experience less enjoyable. I did get the car charger and this made life easier.

Hope this helps you!
    Gene
    in addition to my previous post:

another minus:

4) you cannot use the headset button to answer or hang up, you have to do so on your T600

as for battery drain, you do not affect the battery in the T600 with the dongle for bluetooth.
    Gene
    The Dongle that comes with the Jabra 200 definately sucks, but the A210 does not suffer from any of the problems Get-Treo described.
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    You can only do so if you buy an adapter (or dongle). G2 has a headset with dongle, or you can buy the Jabra A210 dongle separately and use the headset of your choice.
    Any headset of my choice or only a Jabra headset? I happen to have an original BlueTrek headset (not a G2) sitting around. If I buy the A210 will my headset work with my Treo 600?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Get-treo
    in addition to my previous post:

another minus:

4) you cannot use the headset button to answer or hang up, you have to do so on your T600

as for battery drain, you do not affect the battery in the T600 with the dongle for bluetooth.
    In reference to your item #4, what specific Jabra headset are you talking about? It appears to be a blanket statement about all Jabra headsets because you didn't list the specific model you were using.

see my Review thread on the Jabra A210 & Motorola HS820

The Motorola HS820 has a MFC button that is able to answer and hang up a call but is unable to initiate the call from a previously dialed or received phone number.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have the Moto HS810 and the Jabra A210, when I talk to anyone they tell me they can't hear anything I am saying. My Treo is brand new Cingular version, just got it Christmas Eve, does anyone else have the volume problem or maybe did I get a defective one? It doesn't matter what head set I use I am told that people still have a problem hearing me, as well as for some reason when I put a headset it, I have to move it around for it to actually work at all, which in my opinion must mean its bad or defective but I wanted some opinions. Thanks
    Probably bad. Also try a headset that is BT ver 1.2 like the HS820
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Whats the big difference I would notice using a 1.2 BT version as opposed to what the HS810 is? Would it actually make that much of a difference?
    If both adapter and headset are 1.2 the difference is sound quality and less interference.