Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    anyone know what cmu_us_kal16 is? i've noticed that it's taking longer and longer to hotsync - it's 4093K!
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    anyone know what cmu_us_kal16 is? i've noticed that it's taking longer and longer to hotsync - it's 4093K!
    Sounds like a road map. Do you have any GPS software on your treo?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Sounds like a road map. Do you have any GPS software on your treo?
    nope, none...
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  4. #4  
    that program is also used for text to speech and vice versa. Are you using any voice dialer software? It may be the voice signatures for number you call.
    Road Below

    IHS
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Below
    that program is also used for text to speech and vice versa. Are you using any voice dialer software? It may be the voice signatures for number you call.
    i'm using voice signal's voice dial, which doesn't do signatures as far as i'm aware.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  6. #6  
    I may be wrong about the speech to text. It is only text to speech. Do you have any programs that talk to you? Other than the voices we all hear in our head, you hear them too don't you?
    Road Below

    IHS
  7. #7  
    --with-flite-voice=voice

    Specify the voice which the FestivalLite text to speech engine is to use. The default voice is cmu_us_kal16.


    http://www.mielke.cc/brltty/doc/Manu.../Manual-3.html
    Road Below

    IHS
  8. #8  
    http://translate.google.com/translat...icial%26sa%3DG

    I found this program which uses the file cmu_us_kal16 on Japanese Palmgear.
    Road Below

    IHS
  9.    #9  
    aha! yep. it's that silly-*** moose program. tried it. tossed it. didn't toss the extra stuff. that's great, four more megs free now. thanks all.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  10. #10  
    This thread got me looking. Anyone know what these are:
    elvis_enus_nl.dat
    tempelvis_enus_nl.dat
    or
    PACERsrcDB1 through PACERsrcDB9?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder
  11. #11  
    Road Below

    IHS
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobva6
    This thread got me looking. Anyone know what these are:
    elvis_enus_nl.dat
    tempelvis_enus_nl.dat
    or
    PACERsrcDB1 through PACERsrcDB9?
    those i found are from the voicesignal voice dial software.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  13. #13  
    so can we safely delete the pacer files?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Below
    If that's the case I don't have a clue how that got on my treo. Could there be Treo spyware?
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere... Write that down."
    -Van Wilder

Posting Permissions