Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Any ideas? Does anyone have any pictures?

Thanks in advance!!!
    I got the mount from pro clip usa for the ipod and found that the treo 650 fits in it as well...
    Very nice mount....

www.proclipusa.com
    I'm using the PDA Auto Mount and I'm really happy with it. See post #8 in this thread for more details.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the reply . I don't think that kind of mount would work for me. I have a 2003 Gti and the vent clip looks like it wouldn't be able to clip in the right way.
  5.    #5  
    Adiascar: That's what I'm looking for ... Can you take more pictures from the side . What are you using to hold that mount and how did you mount it ?
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    One word: http://www.seidioonline.com/PhotoGal...=CK8AG25MTR650
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Seidio
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/28/2004 at 11:01 AM.
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    Two words: http://www.raytel-llc.com/TellPhone4000Blue_index.html
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    RayTel
    I've settled on ProClip auto mounts for my PDA, phone, iPod. They fit the devices great, and ProClip provides auto dash mounts that are specific to each car model, so they fit nicely on your vents, mid-dash risers, etc. The prices are reasonable, too. And if you change devices (as readers of this forum are likely to do, often), you can use the same dash mount and just get a new device holder to attach to it (for roughly $20-35).

I have not received my Treo 650 yet, and I haven't ordered a ProClip car mount for it. But I can vouch for the ProClip iPod and Tungsten T3 mounts, very good fit all-around.

Note that the ProClip mounts don't have the optional built-in power adapter feature, or the other connector features that the more expensive Seidio mounts offer.

The other difference with the Seidio mount is that it serves as a dock of sorts. While the ProClip mounts leave the device ports exposed so you can plug in headsets, power, etc., the Seidio mount (at least the one for the 650) wraps the ports and routes them to plugs on the mount. So if you're using a wired headset in your car all the time, for example, and don't take it with you when you're not driving, you can just leave it plugged into the mount.

But I prefer the simpler approach of just plugging directly into the device - if it doesn't work, I know I can blame the device, not the electronics in the mount.
  10. 2yd
    Goto Target. Buy a universal cell phone holder. It plugs into cigarette lighter, provides two additional cigarette plugs and cost $11.95
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I found a nice cell phone holder at radio shack that will let you mount it in almost any position for only 19.95. http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=17%2D548. It was this but wasn't a vent mount and was 5 dollars less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nade23
    Adiascar: That's what I'm looking for ... Can you take more pictures from the side . What are you using to hold that mount and how did you mount it ?
    I promise I'll post some pictures. These days are hectic for me, not only because of the holidays, but minor surgery and my first baby coming in the next few weeks.

I suggest you wait until you see those pictures because I had to drill a couple of holes (on the PDA Mount) to fix the PDA Mount to the bracket I had from before. The bracket does not come with the PDA Mount, but you should be able to get one easily.
    Here's a picture of the PDA mount on the bracket I have from a previous car kit. I'm sure this bracket is generic and can be found easily (I can't remember how I got it five years ago).

Notice that there are two additional screw holes that are not in use. Those are the original ones. I drilled the plastic base to make the ones I'm using in order to fit the bracket slots (if I could do it, you can too). I positioned the plastic base on the bracket and marked the spots for the holes with a pen. I placed the plastic base on top of a 2x4 piece of wood, started drilling with a small bit and switched to wider ones until I got the diameter I needed. I later used a much bigger bit to (carefully) shape the top of the hole as a cone so the screws go in deeper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here's the base of the PDA Mount in the bracket. The PDA holder snaps in and out of this base.
    Here's the bracket by itself. Notice that it's attached under the wood panel(with screws). It was done by a professional installer when I got my first car kit installed. This is a very clean, non-destructive and very firm way to have a PDA/Phone holder.
    The mount base shows the two extra screw holes I drilled. Notice I didn't peel the green adhesive protector off.

I hope you find this info useful. Please let me know if you have more questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjwhitty
    I found a nice cell phone holder at radio shack that will let you mount it in almost any position for only 19.95. http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=17%2D548. It was this but wasn't a vent mount and was 5 dollars less.
    Thanks for the tip. If it wasn't a vent mount, what kind of mount was it? Cigarette lighter?

For those using vent mounts: I assume you close your vents. Even so, I'd be concerned about heat/cold. Any thoughts based on actual experience with such a setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2yd
    Goto Target. Buy a universal cell phone holder. It plugs into cigarette lighter, provides two additional cigarette plugs and cost $11.95
    2yd, is this setup secure?
    Quote Originally Posted by adiascar
    I'm using the PDA Auto Mount and I'm really happy with it. See post #8 in this thread for more details.

adiscar, i looked at the website for this product. one question i have is with regards to the width of the treo 650 in this mount: is it wide enough to be secure in it? also, do you have access to the buttons on the side and charger at bottom?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    is it wide enough to be secure in it?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "wide enough to be secure", but I can tell you the PDA Mount looks as if it was made for the 650. My fear was that it would be too big for the 650 (considering it can be used for the "big" Windows CE devices), but it fits perfectly (see this picture). The side arms are cushioned, so you can tighten them and they'll hold the phone very securely and won't slip. It's so firm a grip, you really don't need the foot posts once the side arms are closed.
    do you have access to the buttons on the side and charger at bottom?
    Yes. Out of the box, the left side arm was pushing the side button, all I had to do was move the foot posts to the other end of the mount to fix it. The arms are not exactly in the middle, so if you change the foot posts and flip the mount over, the arms end up lower with respect to the phone.
    As for the charger connector, you can position the foot posts anywhere you want (you could even have only one of them), so they are not in the way of the connector.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast