1.    #1  
    I use an unlocked Treo 600 GSM phone with T-Mobile as my provider in NJ, USA. I am currently in the UK and I fully expected that I'd be able to buy a local T-Mobile SIM card here, pop it in my phone, and be able to use it. However, my phone keeps rejecting the card (I've tried 3 different ones now) with the message "Your phone cannot be used with this SIM" and 2 radio buttons below labelled "OK" and "Make emergency call". Does anyone know what the problem is? As far as I know the GSM Treo 600 is a triband phone. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Femi

PS - I've been to South Africa and I've had no problems using SIM cards from MTN, one of the mobile providers there.
    I've had no problems with an o2 sim in the UK. The symptoms sound like a locked phone. Have you updated your firmware since using it in SA?
  3.    #3  
    Actually, I upgraded the phone from a seller on eBay and he claims it was unlocked. I assume it was unlocked as I was able to use the SIM card from my previous phone which was a Treo 270, insert it into the 600 and get it working ok. The phone wasn't specifically sold as a TMobile phone but as a GSM one so I assume it'd work with Cingular as well.
    when you update firmware, you'll lose the "un-lockness". You'll have to unlock again