Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I wanted to know off hand what the steps would be to get a protection plan placed on my refurbished treo 300, I bought it online at Amazon.com. Would I have a problem getting it if I went to my local Sprint store? Has anyone ever faced any problems? If so What? And How does Sprint act towards products that have been bought online form other sites?
    No problem at all. If you haven't activated the phone yet just tell them you want the ERP. it doesn't matter where you bought it. If you already have the Treo activated call Lock/line. There is a 20 day waiting period before coverage takes effect and preexisting problems are excluded when you do it after activation. Go to the Sprint website for all the term and conditions. I highly recommend the program. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    thanks for your help
    No problem-Good Luck
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Can you add the coverage to a Treo 300 under these conditions?:
    -still under contract with original phone purchased from Sprint authorized dealer
    -bought used Treo 300 off ebay

thanks, TL
    Are you adding the 300 or doing an ESN swap?
    swap
    Not sure, But I think so. When you call to activate it they will probably offer it. If not make sure to ask for the ERP. I believe it will be active either immediately or after a 20 day waiting period.

Let me know, It's a good question I'd like a definitive answer to.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I highly doubt it. Why would Sprint offer insurance on a used phone from ebay? In order to get insurance from any manufacturer you need to show them an original receipt from an authorized dealer. Any used phone you get off ebay will most likely already have a record with Sprint. The ESN # will show the original sale/activation date and original owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by bibojim
    I highly doubt it. Why would Sprint offer insurance on a used phone from ebay? In order to get insurance from any manufacturer you need to show them an original receipt from an authorized dealer. Any used phone you get off ebay will most likely already have a record with Sprint. The ESN # will show the original sale/activation date and original owner.
    I don't know why Sprint offers insurance on items bought off Ebay or elswhere, but they do. I did it with one that I got from a friend. Sprint wouldn't warranty it and referred me to Lock/line. I've already had a replacement for a line across the screen. You seem to have insurance and warranty confused. Warranty comes from the original manufacturer (usually) Insurance can come from a different company.
    so whats the number to call to get the insurance thru lockline? and any info. i can find online about them and their policies?
    Here is the info copied directly from the Sprint website.

Sprint PCS Total Equipment Protection
    Sprint PCS Total Equipment Protection gives you complete protection for your Sprint PCS Device in one convenient package. It includes both of these programs:

Sprint PCS Enhanced Warranty Program

Applies to mechanical or electrical problems due to normal wear and tear, as well as defects.
    Call 1-800-584-3666, Monday through Saturday, or drop by a designated Sprint Store.
    We'll repair or replace the malfunctioning device for just a $10 processing fee.

Sprint PCS Equipment Replacement Program

To file a replacement request for stolen, lost, or damaged devices:
    Call lock\line Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666, where representatives are available Monday through Saturday.
    File your request within 60 days of the loss.
    If your device is lost or stolen, contact Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 to suspend service.
    Pay a $50 nonrefundable deductible per approved replacement request.
    All Replacements
    If your device has been damaged, it must be returned. We will mail you the necessary shipping materials to return the damaged device to Sprint.

Once a replacement request is approved by lock\line, your device will be replaced quickly and easily. You will be shipped the same or comparable equipment of like kind and quality with similar features and functions to your original equipment as available from the authorized fulfillment center. Replacement devices may be refurbished.

BTW Sprint upgraded me to a T600 yesterday ( Sprint is SO COOL IMO), So I may not post here (the 300 hardware forum) as much anymore. I still wish to be helpful to 300 owners here since so many were so helpful to me. If you want my input about anything please feel free to PM me or EMail me.

I may also have some accessories to give away. I will check everything and see what I no longer need and will post tomorrow (1/3/04).

Thanks to all who have answered my questions and offered advice on my path to the coolest device I've ever owned!.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!
    Last edited by Dragonman; 01/02/2005 at 10:34 AM.