1.    #1  
    So i got my 660 today and it is great. Had a glitch with caller ID pulling the last recieved call, but traced it to BTMute, reinstalled that and all seems well for now. I really dont mind the hook, but it sits the speaker a little to high to fit inside my lower ear opening. Has anyone sucessfully bent the hook... out, to lower the speaker just a tad. If not, is it better to cut and glue the ear gels, or just fit and glue. I got mine stretched on as far as i could go, but it seems to pop off as soon as i pull it out of my ear. Thanks

-Matt
    Maybe there is a difference in eargels. Got mine from Radio Shack and they are transparent (un-colored) - go on fairly easy and stay put w/o glue. The headset does sit farther away from my head than I would like - kind of sticks out a little. Oh well, does the job.
    Really? THat's odd... mine, with the eargels, sits right up against my face. I guess it's a matter of how our ears are shaped.
    I ordered SlicSound ear gels and they work great. They let me remove the hook! No longer have it on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Really? THat's odd... mine, with the eargels, sits right up against my face. I guess it's a matter of how our ears are shaped.
    I too am able to get mine right against my face with the Jabra eargel. I think SailRace is correct in that the shape of your ear or face will contribute to the fit. I have talked with the 660 as far as an inch away from my face and people on the other end haven't noticed.
    I'm sure you'll get a different fit with a different type of eargel (SlicSound). It was easy for me to get the Jabra, so that's why I went with that. It would be nice to see pics with the SilcSound similar to the ones SailRace posted. Not that it would do me any good since my 660 is firmly committed to Jabra thanks to CrazyGlue (not that I'm complaining) .

As far as cutting the eargel to fit the 660, I thought about that before ultimately gluing mine. I'm not sure the cutting would help, if anything, it might make it easier for the gel to slip off. To me it looked like you could get a good fit if either the eargel were deeper or the speaker on the 660 smaller.

What I did was just ensure a proper fit with the eargel and then squeezed the eargel enough to create a small gap and applied two drops of CrazyGlue to the front (ear hook attachment end) and back (USB end) where the gel meets the 660.

Wow, that's a long post just for a piece of silicone.
    My 660 will arrive tomorrow and I am trying to decide on ear gels. I have a Jabra 250 (from P1) that came with 2 different size gels. Any ideas if these will work or is it better to go with the Radio Shack replacement set? It is unclear to me if these are the same form factor.
    The ones that come with teh 250 will not work. The "hole" is a different size, and they are not interchangeable. Also, you loose the advantage of having hte ear-gel lock into your ear. The ones with the 250 are straigh and only designed to direct the sound, not actually hold it in your ear.

Defintiely go buy a set from RS or CompUSA.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    The ones I got at Radio Shack don't allow it to sit close to the face either. They are a bit bigger than the colored ones you have Sail in your pics.
  9.    #9  
    Right. I sort of like the hook, had it just dropped the speaker a tad lower. It doesnt quite fit where it should, and if the hook were bent out, i could see an ultimate fit. Oh well, i guess its time to glue up my 92 dollar headset.

-Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaran
    Right. I sort of like the hook, had it just dropped the speaker a tad lower. It doesnt quite fit where it should, and if the hook were bent out, i could see an ultimate fit. Oh well, i guess its time to glue up my 92 dollar headset.
    I felt the same way before gluing mine. They should have just designed the thing right in the first place. It's a shame too because it's a really good headset. Well, at least there is a fix.
    Now someone just needs to design a clip of some kind (maybe utilizing the nub on which the ear hook previously rotated?) for convenient belt or car visor attachment...
    I tell you, if P1 ever fixes the BT so that the Moto 850 works properly, the 660 will be sold.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    I tell you, if P1 ever fixes the BT so that the Moto 850 works properly, the 660 will be sold.

Why?
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    A few reasons:

1. I like the form factor better.

2. When you fold it up, it shuts off. When you open it, it turns on. Very handy for going in and out of the car where the BT car kit is, also extends standby time to weeks with judicious use.

3. Comes with a very nice belt pouch to keep it in.

4. Charger doesn't require 400 foot-pounds of torque to remove.

5. Main button is easier to find by touch.

6. Doesn't hurt my ear when worn after 20-30 mins like the 660's earclip, although the Jabra fix may nullify this point. The jury is still out in my case.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Good points, I had a Moto 810, but returned it, due to low volume, and I was told I sounded like I was talking through a tin can. My favorite thing about it was that you could fold it and it was off.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    I really like my 850 but it is essentially unusable unless I am in a silent room and standing perfectly still! The volume is way too low and make using it exhausting. I agree with the form factor and features -- it really is good. I am hopeful that P1 fixes the BT volume problem, although I am hedging my bet by ordering a 660.
    I also have the 850, I just read in another Thread (see below) that you can tap the mute button to increase the volume on the HS850, i don't have my 850 with me, but the other post said that it works.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=850
    Last edited by darkpeace; 12/30/2004 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo