1.    #1  
    Does anyone understand the file structure, (Where the data actually is?) On the 600 there was just an addressDB and datebookDB file that had everything.

My 650 keyboard died, and before it did, I backed it up with both BackUpMan and RightBackUp. Now that I've got a replacement, neither program will restore correctly. Most important to me is my address and datebook data. Does anyone understand the file structure? When I look through the backups there's address and contact files that seems to be the same size, Datebook and Calender files... What's needed to just put back my data?

Thanks!
    -Vincent
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Having just gone through difficulties with getting BackupMan to restore my Calendar and Contacts data files... I learned that the Contact data lives in "ContactsDB-PAdd" and the Calendar data lives in "CalendarDB-PDat".

I had two BackupMan backups on my SD card. The recent one's Contacts
    file would not restore (full or individual restore), but the older one did. Neither one would restore my Calendar file, had to get that from the PC sync (desktop overwrites handheld).

ERic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Having just gone through difficulties with getting BackupMan to restore my Calendar and Contacts data files... I learned that the Contact data lives in "ContactsDB-PAdd" and the Calendar data lives in "CalendarDB-PDat".

I had two BackupMan backups on my SD card. The recent one's Contacts
    file would not restore (full or individual restore), but the older one did. Neither one would restore my Calendar file, had to get that from the PC sync (desktop overwrites handheld).

ERic
    Wow, so you weren't able to retrieve the data from your backups on the SD card... that's no fun... Wonder what the deal is with that? It's hard to know which back up program to buy when non of them seem to work right...
    I have backupman and I was able to restore my whole device as well as particular files. When I lost my calendar, I restored just that particular file back onto my 650 so give it a try before you dismiss it completely! We have seen these programs work inconsistently on differenct 650s.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I have backupman and I was able to restore my whole device as well as particular files. When I lost my calendar, I restored just that particular file back onto my 650 so give it a try before you dismiss it completely! We have seen these programs work inconsistently on differenct 650s.
    Yes, I've tried and in the case of the address file it returns and error : (
    what I can gather is some people's calendar or contacts db are corrupt from old Treo600 data. I found this out after NEVER being able to hotsync my contacts & also not being able to restore from a backup program. I basically had to individually reenter my contacts on the desktop side & completely delete all addressbookdb or contacts-pdatdb from Treo. After that I set desktop overwrite handheld for hotsync & it all hotsyncs & restores from backup just fine now. Basically some of the contacts become corrupt in carrying over db from Treo600. there is no way of telling though what is corrupt or not...