1.    #1  
    Hello All. Treocentral rocks, as does my Treo 600!!!!! (just got one - better late than never)

My question:
    I would like to sync my EMAIL folders Inbox, Sent (with sub folders) etc between my Treo 600 and MS Outlook. I would be happy just to have the sent items synched, if there is a reasonable workaround.
    I am using a POP3 account (if that makes a difference).

Please advise on a good and inexpensive solution. I am sure this has been asked before (sorry about that).

Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    Any help please from the Treo Gurus.....I know you guys are out there your information on other threads have already helped me. Thanks. Would like to get this sorted ASAP.
  3.    #3  
    Ok I got Versamail. But I am having the following trouble. I can't sync an item sent on my Treo to my Outlook on my PC (I have the seeting set to yes in the HotSync for that folder). It seems I can get emails from my PC to my Treo, but not vice versa.

PLEASE HELP - I am dying here - this is so fustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Inbox To Go will sync your inbox only I believe. But it works flawlessly for me. A copy came with my Treo.
  5.    #5  
    All I really want to do is sync/download the sent mail from my Treo TO my PC. I am not concerned with my Inbox as I leave the mail on the server and can simply get it again from home.

Please HELP !!! This seems to be something fundemental yet is not avialable.
    Sproqit does this.
    VersaMail does not upload sent messages from the device to Outlook....
    ChatterEmail if you're email host supports IMAP...

Marc
  9.    #9  
    I took a look at Sproqit (but its not what i am looking for), nor is chattermail as I am using a POP3.

I have a work around. I am sending my replies out with a cc to myself. Then I have a filter on VersaMail not to retrieve if I am a cc. Then on my home PC I retreive all my email with a filter rule where if I am the cc, move to sent items.

Problem is sometimes this works. Other times it causes a reboot when I try to check my mail I get errors like:
    -Err Unable to lock maildrop

To get it to work properly I have to do a soft soft reset on my Treo generally
    - any ideas?
    Last edited by K6402; 01/03/2005 at 02:27 PM.
    Email me at meadedogg@yahoo.com. I have a solution for you that will solve all your problems with this sync.
    mmiddleton - What's your solution?

As for IMPA, I have been running IMAP. It will only work if you email server has IMAP on the Sent folder in addition to the Inbox. If your email is a corporate internal Exchange environment you should be set. However, I have found that most outsourced email only ahs IMAP on the Inbox. They do this because they are charged by the amount of mail on their server, in part and they therefore typically have the Outlook clients running POP3 and downloading messages off the server. As a result of only running IMAP on the Inbox and having the clients download the messages off the server the options like keeping message status sync'd with the server and keeping the sent items sync'd with the server are useless.

We really need to get something that sync's the Treo's sent items box with an Outlook PST during the Hotsync process. I am really surprised, with companies now being required to save email for years thanks to Sarbanes Ox etc that there is no solution for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by K6402
    I took a look at Sproqit (but its not what i am looking for), nor is chattermail as I am using a POP3.

I have a work around. I am sending my replies out with a cc to myself. Then I have a filter on VersaMail not to retrieve if I am a cc. Then on my home PC I retreive all my email with a filter rule where if I am the cc, move to sent items.

Problem is sometimes this works. Other times it causes a reboot when I try to check my mail I get errors like:
    -Err Unable to lock maildrop

To get it to work properly I have to do a soft soft reset on my Treo generally
    - any ideas?
    The maildrop error is because something else is logging into your pop account at the same time. I get this whenever my desktop at home is automaticaly checking the mail - about every 10 minutes.