1.    #1  
    I have followed all the directions and can get mp3 files to show up in the "Install Handheld Files" box in the hot sync area. However, the files do not transfer. They flash quickly across the screen but are not transfered. They show in the list that they will be put on the SD card. Anyone having this problem on the Mac with iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by sstraley
    I have followed all the directions and can get mp3 files to show up in the "Install Handheld Files" box in the hot sync area. However, the files do not transfer. They flash quickly across the screen but are not transfered. They show in the list that they will be put on the SD card. Anyone having this problem on the Mac with iTunes?

Are you getting them into Hotsync Manager via the "Send to Handheld" applet? If not, you may be installing them in the wrong place on the SD card. Try the following (attached screenshots illustrate each step):

1. Drag the mp3 file(s) onto the "Send to Handheld" applet in the Palm application folder (screenshot1)

2. A box will come up asking where you want to send the file(s)...make sure the SD card is selected (screenshot2)

3. Perform a hotsync.

4. Your file will be put into the Audio folder on the SD card. This makes it accessible to the built-in RealPlayer or any 3rd party music player app (screenshot3).

Another solution is to use Missing Sync instead of the standard Palm hotsync software. Missing Sync allows you to mount your SD card on the desktop like any other removable medium and copy files to and from it without hotsyncing. Better yet, it allows you to move the files firectly onto the SD card from inside iTunes by simply dragging them to the Missing Sync folder that shows up in your iTunes source list when the SD card is mounted (screenshot4).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MacJunkie; 12/27/2004 at 09:38 PM.
    I prefer Missing Sync for the Mac , reason , it mounts your Treo in iTunes , like an iPod , just copy the music over and it syncs..Pretty neat software
    Quote Originally Posted by prasys
    I prefer Missing Sync for the Mac , reason , it mounts your Treo in iTunes , like an iPod , just copy the music over and it syncs..Pretty neat software
    I totally agree. At $40, some people complain that it's too pricey, but I think it's well worth it.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    can an mp3 be transfered to the treeo itself, instead of SD card and then play it on pTunes?
    Yup JD76... you can use RAM Disk capability opf your treo 600 however that consumes/eats a lot of memory space in your device. Instead of using the memory card, you can use that one directly to the device's RAM. However, i havent seen that application or program run on Mac..ive only seen it run on PC.
    - i used to think that nurses were women ; i used to think that policemen were men ; i used to think that poets were boring.......until i became one of them.undefined