1.    #1  
    I recently got a Treo 650. It's my first treo and first experience with Sprint. The sound quality on the phone isn't that hot. How much of that is a function of the phone and how much is a function of the Sprint service?
    My previous phones have been Nokias. A few with cingular and one with AT&T. Those sounded better than this 650.
    I can always return this and get a GSM version (some day) if it's not a phone issue. Other than the sound quality, this thing is really amazing.
    I'm on my second 650. Aside from the sound issue, I love my phone. However, now that I'm on the second phone, the sound only becomes distorted or garbled when th volume is set at the 2 hightest levels. This poses a problem for me when I'm in the car because I can only hear out of one ear, and even the good ear has a hearing aid in it. When I'm in the office or home (not in the car) I can turn it down a little an it's not bad.
    I know I shouldn't have to "work around" the issue, but I also don't want to switch to a 600. I've thought about going to the Samsung i600 but I'm not sure if I would like typing with just a number pad. I have until the 15th to make up my mind I guess...I'll just keep "working around" it and see if it gets any better.
    And by the way...I don't think it's a Sprint issue at all. Unless you are in an area with really bad coverage, but then the phone probably wouldn't work at all.

Good Luck.
  3.    #3  
    I have until Jan 15th also to return the phone if unhappy.
    Try searching before you post please.
  5.    #5  
    That's alot like "welcome to the forum", right?
    ok, read the forum guidelines then
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneNelson
    I recently got a Treo 650. It's my first treo and first experience with Sprint. The sound quality on the phone isn't that hot. How much of that is a function of the phone and how much is a function of the Sprint service?
    My previous phones have been Nokias. A few with cingular and one with AT&T. Those sounded better than this 650.
    I can always return this and get a GSM version (some day) if it's not a phone issue. Other than the sound quality, this thing is really amazing.

Flame!...........Flame! Flame!

OK, I'll be nice, Are you talking about the sound quality that the people you are talking to are telling you about? If so, you need to read the following threads from beginning to end, sorry, that's what the rest of us have done.

If you are talking about the sound quality at your end, then you have a problem that I haven't heard anyone on this forum complain of. Take your phone back and get a new one.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63136

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66518
    Blue Skies,
    Wags