1.    #1  
    I have a very simple request: make my SD card apps available within my standard Applications categories (insead of having them all lumped under the SD category).

It seems like a very basic need and request.

The only way I can find to do this will cost me $15 - $20 and require a new launcher. I like the standard Applications launcher (it's clean and simple) plus it's free.

Apparently, I need to buy one of the following:
    Zlauncher
    TealAlias
    Power Run
    Initiate
    Launcher X

Isn't there a simpler (and cheaper) option?

Keith
    zLauncher has by far the most features. I use it all the time and feel that it is indispensable as a file browser, launcher and SD card shortcut maker.
    I'd actually recommend Launcher x if you want a standard app browser. I think it's cleaner than z launcher - and it doesn't do the nasty (from a developer point of view) things like claiming to delete apps and not actually doing so.

Of course if you want to be able to launch calls, webpages, etc - you need initiate.

On the original question - for just launching apps (and grouping them as you request) you can use Initiate Light which is freeware.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba
    Apparently, I need to buy one of the following:
    Zlauncher
    TealAlias
    Power Run
    Initiate
    Launcher X
    This question has been popping up a lot recently.... If you end up debating between these, there is a really nice review of some launchers over here.
  5.    #5  
    thanks!