1.    #1  
    I used to have a Treo 600....went to the PPC-6601 and having issues with it (to make a long story stort its a ROM issue that allows unability of the phone for more than a 5 minute phone conversation without being cut off)

Should I wait out the rom issue on the 6601 or should I come back to the Treo world? How has the expereince been with teh T650? Should I make the move?

Isaac
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzchakis1
    I used to have a Treo 600....went to the PPC-6601 and having issues with it (to make a long story stort its a ROM issue that allows unability of the phone for more than a 5 minute phone conversation without being cut off)

Should I wait out the rom issue on the 6601 or should I come back to the Treo world? How has the expereince been with teh T650? Should I make the move?

Isaac
    I say we all go back to sending smoke signals.
    Never used the PPC 6601 before, but I am very happy with my 650. Memory is not an issue since I have a 512mb card, and move as many files and applications to it as possible. I don't even use a third-party launcher software. Last time I checked, I had about 15-16mb free memory left. As for the sound issue, I got a few comments about my sounding different....more 3D like. However, everyone hears me just fine.

Had a few soft resets in the beginning when I was playing with the phone a lot. But I honestly can't remember the last time that I had a reset. Never had a hot sync issue since I did a clean install on my notebook. Had a few issues with DTG, but it was user error)

Hope this helps.
    I've been a long time ppc user, so it was a really long decision making process for me between the 6601 and the treo 650. I went with the 650, but with a bunch of reservations.

So far I'm very pleased. My bluetooth GPS software is working perfectly, game emulators work really well, and the phone part functions really well. I've had no sound quality or volume issues as others have reported.

While i've encountered some automatic reboots, ive been able to determine the source and have eliminated them. For instance, when I check off the option to stop notifying me that the phone is connecting to vision, blazer would reboot the machine. I had to do a hard reset to stop the resetting, and left that option unchecked- so now it works perfectly again. I've also noticed alot of older apps have issues.

Memory isn't an issue as I bought a 2gb sd card.

I think the biggest consideration is how much $$$ you've invested in the PPC platform. Software can get expensive. I'll also note that the treo screen is 100x better than the standard ppc ones.

-BT
    PPCs are craps designed by thougtless new graduates; Treo is done by genius who spent his whole life and talents to tweak it.

With Treo, I never needed to pull out the stylus and one hand is enough; so I use it whenever needed without a second thought. No PPCs come close on this and I always need to think twice - should I pull out the stylus? whenever I needed it.
    Try before you buy. Sprint gives you a 14 day window. Use it extensively in that time and report back here with what you decide -- whether to keep it or not. I'm sure they each have strengths and weaknesses. Though those of us who have ironed out most of the issues with the 650 (random reboots, memory management, sound issues) are very pleased. Just be aware you may have to spend some time tweaking.
    I have used PPCs, but not the 6601. In general the PPCs are nice for some things with the larger screen and many people like the windows interface. Also, people who are into media playing say it handles it much better than the Treos and some games obviously would benifit from the larger screen. BUT it is nowhere as easy or convienent to use as the Treo for most everyday operations. One-handed operation, depending on the application, ranges from difficult to impossible. Things that are very easy to do on the Treo often take many steps on a PPC.

As to the 6601, there are a number of problems that are being reported on other forums. Constant beeping with Sprint phones (a fix is apparantly in the works), Phone cutting out on people after a while and the slider becoming loose. That and the normal problems that people report about Windows mobile which bother some people but not others.

For me the 650, despite its flaws, is almost perfect for me. But ONLY, fwiw, because of the people who post here at TC that were able to help me solve issues such as resets and memory managment that would have caused me to return the 650 but for their input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup
    With Treo, I never needed to pull out the stylus and one hand is enough
    Spoken like a true Cherrysoft user!
  9.    #9  
    Yes my 6601 slider is becoming loose as well...which tells me down the road its going to be a problem.....yes TC is awesome and frankly I miss the community who is helpful....with this PPC nobody wants to take responsibility...there doesnt seem to be place you can turn too....at least Palm stands behind there product and frankly the Treo 650 is the difference between Palm making or breaking in the market....so your going to get all kinds of support..

The 6601 is awesome as a modem attaching to a laptop....does the T650 do a good job of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    I say we all go back to sending smoke signals.
    You'd think that was the case if you've ever made it over here in NJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    Memory isn't an issue as I bought a 2gb sd card.

where did you get a two gig card?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

did you actually buy this from them and get it? they are sold out.

as far as i know, no one has gotten a 2 gig card yet.

you would be the first.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  13. DDD
    I've tried the PPC-6601 for several weeks, but went back to the Treo and the 650. Had the 600 for over a year. I found the KB on the 6601 not as good as the 650 and the 650 is just a lot more intuitive with regards to the one handed operation. The screen is better on the 650 and I have had no issues with the memory using Zlauncher and putting everything I can on the 1gb sd card.

yitzchakis1. I firmly beleive that you will like the 650 better!!!!
    2 GB SD?
    this thread gotta be the only thread on the entire net that actually has actual user owning it.

hmm... kinda makes me wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    BUT it is nowhere as easy or convienent to use as the Treo for most everyday operations. One-handed operation, depending on the application, ranges from difficult to impossible.
    what dialer did you use before?

Things that are very easy to do on the Treo often take many steps on a PPC.
    such as what? did you utilize today's page and plug ins?

That and the normal problems that people report about Windows mobile which bother some people but not others.
    such as?

For me the 650, despite its flaws, .
    It's not flaws, it's defective. Flaws can be patched, defects is fubar.
    My bluetooth GPS software is working perfectly, game emulators work really well,
    what GPS software and emulators do you use in PPC ? and what do you use now in treo650?

I think the biggest consideration is how much $$$ you've invested in the PPC platform. Software can get expensive. I'll also note that the treo screen is 100x better than the standard ppc ones.
    what software do you own and use in PPC?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDD
    I've tried the PPC-6601 for several weeks, but went back to the Treo and the 650. Had the 600 for over a year. I found the KB on the 6601 not as good as the 650 and the 650 is just a lot more intuitive with regards to the one handed operation. The screen is better on the 650 and I have had no issues with the memory using Zlauncher and putting everything I can on the 1gb sd card.

yitzchakis1. I firmly beleive that you will like the 650 better!!!!
    Agreed. The screen and keyboard on the 6601 are awful compared to the 650.

I'd love for suskind to explain what type of patch can fix the defective slide on the 6601s. Some are practically falling off after a month of use.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    I'd love for suskind to explain what type of patch can fix the defective slide on the 6601s. Some are practically falling off after a month of use.
    get a better user?

Plus how many users out there have been posting about slider except the ones that also happen to post in this thread?

Here lemme help you point the forums...hurry start posting there about loose slider. Of course if only those two forums habe sharp statistical increase of loose slider report compared to other PDA2K forums, then we know where the problem comes from right...

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/f...hp?forumid=167
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...s=&forumid=181
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    get a better user?

Plus how many users out there have been posting about slider except the ones that also happen to post in this thread?

Here lemme help you point the forums...hurry start posting there about loose slider. Of course if only those two forums habe sharp statistical increase of loose slider report compared to other PDA2K forums, then we know where the problem comes from right...

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/f...hp?forumid=167
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...s=&forumid=181
    Bend over.

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...ewtopic&t=3109