Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As promised, we are releasing GBulator V2.0 which supports GameBoy Color Games. GBulator V2.0 is the only GameBoy Color emulator for PalmOS that supports Sound, Saved States and Game Genie Cheats. You can get GBulator V2.0B demo from www.mobidev.com.
    The website isn't working.
    How funny!!! CF's Firestorm looks great with GBC games, but doesn't support the 5-way.

This emu is (hopefully) a fully working version, and we can't access the site.
  3.    #3  
    We were facing Denial of Service Attacks.

The site is up and running now.

GBulator has many features that makes it unique:

GB/GBC support
    Accurate sound emulation
    Saved States
    Full Screen display with Anti-Aliasing
    GameGenie Cheats
    GB Games Coloring
    Smart Memory Manger

and more.
    Last edited by GBulator; 12/27/2004 at 10:37 AM.
    Great!!! I"ll try it out
  5.    #5  
    A new demo is released to fix some minor issues in the previous demo.

Get it at www.mobidev.com

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by GBulator
    A new demo is released to fix some minor issues in the previous demo.

Get it at www.mobidev.com

Enjoy!
    I still only see 2.0B that was posted yesterday. Is that the newest version?
  7.    #7  
    Yes.
    We have not updated the text.
    I bought the GBulator yesterday and have loaded several ROMs into my Treo 650 (Tetris Delux, Super Marion Bros., Space Invaders Delux, and Pokemon Crystal). I found that some programs just don't work (Space Invaders wont fire), some work and then crash (no, not the demo crash, a random crash), and others forget the controls (i.e. Pokemon five way works to move, but not to select characters in the name selection screens). Actually, none of the games works 100% - maybe I was expecting too much though.

I've found the experience to be less than I hoped. I hope that the developers will continue to refine this program so it runs better. It's only $11.95, but even that is too much for a emu that does not play consistently. I'll hope for a new version to be released and report back.
  9.    #9  
    We are disappointed to hear your feedback. You mentioned 4 games and you said none worked. We do not have every GBC rom, but our tests and the feedback we got from testers and people who bought GBulator show that, at least, TWO of the games you mentioned (SMB and Tetris DX) work just fine! BTW, did TAITO ever release Space Invaders DX for GBC?

To help you fixing your problems with the FOUR mentioned games, please provide us with detailed description of the problems you are facing with each rom.

We will be more than happy helping you running them correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcnaught
    I bought the GBulator yesterday and have loaded several ROMs into my Treo 650 (Tetris Delux, Super Marion Bros., Space Invaders Delux, and Pokemon Crystal). I found that some programs just don't work (Space Invaders wont fire), some work and then crash (no, not the demo crash, a random crash), and others forget the controls (i.e. Pokemon five way works to move, but not to select characters in the name selection screens). Actually, none of the games works 100% - maybe I was expecting too much though.

I've found the experience to be less than I hoped. I hope that the developers will continue to refine this program so it runs better. It's only $11.95, but even that is too much for a emu that does not play consistently. I'll hope for a new version to be released and report back.
    Last edited by GBulator; 12/29/2004 at 10:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcnaught

Strange, Tetris DX and SMB works fine with me. Among a few other games I tried, none caused any problems either. Actually, this emulator is very impressive, works much better than Firestorm. I couldn't get sound working with Firestorm. When I enable sound with Firestorm, games simply don't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GBulator
    We are disappointed to hear your feedback. You mentioned 4 games and you said none worked. We do not have every GBC rom, but our tests and the feedback we got from testers and people who bought GBulator show that, at least, TWO of the games you mentioned (SMB and Tetris DX) work just fine! BTW, did TAITO ever release Space Invaders DX for GBC?

To help you fixing your problems with the FOUR mentioned games, please provide us with detailed description of the problems you are facing with each rom.

We will be more than happy helping you running them correctly.
    Thanks for the offer to look into this, please let me know where to email the games I'm having trouble with, and I'll await your diagnosis.

Thanks!
  12.    #12  
    Please send the name(s) of the roms that don't work to support@mobidev.com
    As far as I can tell, We tried two of the games you mentioned and both worked just fine.

BTW, where did you get Space Invaders DX for gameboy? or is it a PD rom?
    I zipped up the six files I tried with explanations and emailed them to you. Hope you can find the issue - Some games, like Tetris work well, but have a minor issue, like sound not loud enough to hear.

Let me know if this is all user error, and I'll sing your praises...

Thanks for being so responsive!
    I also can't get any sound from Tetris DX. That was one of my favorite GBC games of all time. I bought a GBC just for it
    Has anyone had much luck with GBulator using the Treo 600? I've loaded several games. All run very slowly, most don't have sound and a large number don't run at all or display graphics glitches that make them unplayable. I would imagine using some sort of accelerator might help but I've been leery about using one. Any Treo 600 users who've gotten it to work to a degree to make it playable? I've been using Gizmo and was expecting that degree of speed and compatability, but I suppose that was wishful thinking
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I am playing with the demo right now, for some reason it won't see all the the games I want to try, I would buy this in a heartbeat if I knew for sure that Zelda DX worked, thats all I really want, I am using a 600, I tried Kirby's dreamland, that worked good, playable and sounded great
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have the Treo 600? And have used this program? I just want some other feedback...... Thanks
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I gave the demo a try on my 600 and saw the same thing (not all games I loaded were showing up) and some didn't have sound (Tetris DX). However some were great! (R-Type DX). I wish the 600 had just a *tad* bit more horsepower, as the games are SO close to running at normal speed. Great emulator though - really happy to see 5-way support.
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    I wish the 600 had just a *tad* bit more horsepower, as the games are SO close to running at normal speed. Great emulator though - really happy to see 5-way support.
    I notice the games run faster if I reboot the Treo such that it loads nothing (press up on 5-way while booting). GBUlator runs a lot better. I'm not sure which of my autostart PRCs is sapping CPU power.
    What I would like to see is a list of games that run properly AND at full (or near) speed. Most people post which games work but not if they operate in near real-time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast