1.    #1  
    I have a T600 & recently purchased versamail for 30$.
    Works great downloading my sprint PCS email, but I can't get it to download my Hotmail emails!!
    Does anyone know if this is possible? If so, what do I need to do to make it happen correctly??
    Thank you in advance for any help..
    Hotmail made changes recently that disallowed connections from anything but a browser IF YOU DON't have the paid Hotmail account.
  3.    #3  
    I pay 20$ a yr for my hotmail acct.
    What do I need to do to make it work???
    Quote Originally Posted by dotte23
    I can't get it to download my Hotmail emails!!
    Does anyone know if this is possible?
    Hope this helps, go to http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?id=961 on Blazer browser and login from there.
  5.    #5  
    I appreciate the help, but I'm trying to use VERSAMAIL synching software so that I don't have to use blazer.
    Blazer is too slow & doesn't allow all the functions to work.
    Thx
    Not possible. Hotmail only supports HTTPmail as a protocol, and you won't find a Palm email client that supports that.
  7.    #7  
    That's the bad news I wasn't wanting!!
    Thanks for the info.
    Say do you know if you can have Hotmail automatically fwd to another email acct?
    I haven't figured it out & doubt that I can, but thought I would ask...
    Thanks for your time & expertise AWESTERINK I really appreciate it.
    forwarding would be veryyyy cool
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Hotmail used to provide email forwarding in the past, but as far as I know that is no longer the case.
    on my sprint 600 there is a preloaded bookmark to "palmone web portal"...i went to it, then to email option, then to hotmail option and logged into hotmail. have been using it for a month. djb.
  11.    #11  
    HAAAA!!!
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!!
    WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE LAST YR djbinegar?????

THIS SITE WORKED WONDERS FOR ME IN THIS SITUATION, THAT IS THE SOLUTION I'VE NEEDED TO ENABLE ME TO STOP HAVING TO USE HOTMAIL SITE THROUGH BLAZER!!
    THIS IS A HOTMAIL MOBILE/WIRELESS VERSION SITE...

RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF MY FACE THE WHOLE TIME, DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME, PATIENCE & INPUT..

HOPEFULLY OTHER MEMBERS CAN BECOME MORE EFFICIENT ALSO!!!
    I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE THE ONLY ONE WHO DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS!!
    I get my hotmail in versamail via a fusemail account (www.fusemail.com). Fusemail polls my hotmail account and pulls email into my fusemail inbox. Versamail then downloads my hotmail from fusemail. Mail can be sent through fusemail with my hotmail address as the header.
    Works great!
    there's a program out there called getmail that will forward all your hotmail/msn mail to any address you specify..... works pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Not possible. Hotmail only supports HTTPmail as a protocol, and you won't find a Palm email client that supports that.

Actually onemial does:

http://net.worth.com.hk/onemail/main.htm

There are also various java clients like hotviewer and emailviewer that work on the Treo and support HTTPmail (you need to java plugin):

http://www.reqwireless.com/webviewer.html

http://www.reqwireless.com/hotviewer.html

Anyway... the easiest and simplest method IMO to access hotmail via versamail imo is to just use Fastmail! Just signup for a free fastmail.fm acct and setup hotmail pop account which is also free. Then just access your fastmail acct via IMAP for free and your done!! I have this setup using snappermail and it works falwlessly. It's by far the easiest solution...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    gfunkmagic

does your solution work on a free hotmail account?

I was using a program called "getmail" to automatically log in to hotmail and forward email but after a few tries hotmail things it is a "bot" and challenges the program with a "graphic".
    Quote Originally Posted by menachh
    gfunkmagic

does your solution work on a free hotmail account?

I was using a program called "getmail" to automatically log in to hotmail and forward email but after a few tries hotmail things it is a "bot" and challenges the program with a "graphic".

Yes it works with free hotmail accounts. I currently use fastmail to pop3 three hotmail accounts I have and use either chatter or snapper to check via IMAP my fastmail account. Note though, that fastmail only allows you to poll the hotmail acct once every 3 hours max...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions