Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    1) How do I upload jpg's to my 650? I tried loading them to treo pictures, media, and directly through quick install, but none have been transfered as of yet

2) Has anyone gotten versamail to work in terms of going out and getting mail in the automated fashion they describe? I get it thogh a wired hotsync, and if i pull it manually, but no automated updates to date.

3) The 600's on/off switch on the top used to bring you back to the same ap you were previously using. Now the green phone switch always takes you back to your home page - any way to just go back to what you were doing?

4) Can you load Versamail's downloads to the sd card? the reason I ask is that I am using Vindigo, Avantgo, and Epocrates, all of which seem to have to stay in native memory, so I am becoming concerned that, with my email aw well, I will ahve very little available memory left.

5) I had AOL 3.2.1 on my 600, but when I resotred my backup to the 650, it caused the endless loop of death. So I installed each program individually from my backup folder, including things like my bookmarks. Does anyone know what file I need to restore in order to get my speed dial favorites to be restored?

I am sure I will have lots more questions eventually, but that is all for now.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by paz5559
    1) How do I upload jpg's to my 650? I tried loading them to treo pictures, media, and directly through quick install, but none have been transfered as of yet
    Even though they've been loaded into the programs you've mentioned, you still need to HotSync. Quick Install actually is just a corral for the programs, pictures, mp3s, etc, that you've chosen to load onto your Treo. HotSyncing actually installs the pictures onto the device. I'd say load them into just Media (remove the files from Treo Pictures and Quick Install before HotSyncing) and then HotSync. It's the only way to get anything onto a 650 (other than SD cards and Card Export)

I am sure I will have lots more questions eventually, but that is all for now.

Thanks in advance
    Not a problem. Asking is better than complaining that it's faulty and you're returning it first thing tommorrow!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I believe the red phone button will bring you back
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Captain, I thought it was assumed i had hotsync'd after I loaded jpg's into those areas of palm desktop - sorry for the clarification.

With the Treo 300 and 600, I had downloaded a program from Handspring (treo photo album, I think is what it was called). when you loaded jpg's there, they were converted to prc's during the hotsync process. Now that P! has their mitts on the product, however, no such free app seems available on their website, unless I have missed it
    I use Palm File Browser to move files directly from my PC to either the internal palmcard or to the SD Card. Only use HotSync for backing up and syncing Outlook information. Use Palm File Broswer for everything else! Much faster and more flexable. Then I would suggest ScreenCare for the display of your JPEG images.

2) Has anyone gotten versamail to work in terms of going out and getting mail in the automated fashion they describe? I get it thogh a wired hotsync, and if i pull it manually, but no automated updates to date.
    Works great for me. You just need to setup your incoming and outgoing servers correctly. If you explain your issues I might be able to give you better information.

3) The 600's on/off switch on the top used to bring you back to the same ap you were previously using. Now the green phone switch always takes you back to your home page - any way to just go back to what you were doing?
    Well it is supposed to do that if you press the red phone button. I created a program called PowerUp that has the option to take you directly to an application of your choice too when you power up. Personally I like to have 2day (shsh produces some great applications) displayed at powerup and when my Treo goes idle.

4) Can you load Versamail's downloads to the sd card? the reason I ask is that I am using Vindigo, Avantgo, and Epocrates, all of which seem to have to stay in native memory, so I am becoming concerned that, with my email aw well, I will ahve very little available memory left.
    I don't think so but have not tried.