Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    has any of the experts figuerd out how to find the MSL code on the treo650?
    Treoing & Loving it
  2. #2  
    Isn't the msl code just your 10 digit phone number?

    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3.    #3  
    nope
    Treoing & Loving it
  4. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #4  
    You could "social engineer" it by asking:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67403
  5. #5  
    The easy way is to call sprint and convince them to give it to you. The hard way is to build/purchase a serial cable and dump it with bitpim. The hardest way is to write a app to dump the nvm_002 file on the cdma modem...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The easy way is to call sprint and convince them to give it to you. The hard way is to build/purchase a serial cable and dump it with bitpim. The hardest way is to write a app to dump the nvm_002 file on the cdma modem...
    they did give me my MSL code a couple of weeks back, it was different than my local number but it resembled a local telephone number. what is it, and why would I want to know it?
  7. #7  
    its only 6 #s long
    Easiest way of getting it is say your vision isnt working and say you got an update for programing your vision but it wouldnt work. Ask if there is a way to manually put it in your phone. They will give it to you while they are on the phone. You must call on a land line.
  8. #8  
    I have my code. They gave it to me when we were having problems getting Vision to work properly. What wonderful things can I do with it?


    BTW "MSL" For those who don't know, stands for "Master Subsidy Lock"
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    I have my code. They gave it to me when we were having problems getting Vision to work properly. What wonderful things can I do with it?
    Reprogram it for verizon, change your access override class, change the vocoder settings, play with the GPS test screens...
  10. #10  
    change your access override class?
    change the vocoder settings?
    play with the GPS test screens?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Reprogram it for verizon, change your access override class, change the vocoder settings, play with the GPS test screens...
    Sounds exciting, but will need more explination than that! LOL

    I comprehend the Verison bit, although dont want to do that.

    What does changing access override class or vocoder settings do?
  12. Fofer's Avatar
    Posts
    576 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #12  
    Also you could use it to turn off Sprint's proxy for Blazer:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67403
  13. #13  
    Well, I don't have my MSL code yet so I'm only going on what I saw when digging threw the program files. But there should be settings for those options.

    The ACCOLC or something like that is the access override class. It controls the cell towers handling of outgoing calls at peak times or when the tower is very busy. By default it's equal to the last digit of your phone number. So if your number ends in a 0 or 1, you get bumped all the time (fast paced busy signal). But if your number ends in a 8 or 9 you get threw almost all the time. Some people like to manually change this to 9 or higher (911 only) in order to get better coverage. This only works because few people do it. Could you imagine if everyone had 911 emergency status!

    The vocoder is the voice encoder protocol. By default it might not be the best the phone can support. By increasing this you get a better sound at the other side of the call, but it's not a big difference.

    The GPS test screens I've found while digging threw the programs. They appear to show long/lat but I doubt it's functional...

    Enjoy...
  14.    #14  
    o.k. I called sprint late at night (generic customer service not technical folks) and told him I was having problems with net access and I was instructed by tech rep gave me the MSL code to swap the I.P. addresses but I failed to write it down, so the guy simply gave it to me and asked me if I needed anything else. so now I have the MSL code how do I do all the cool things shadowmite described (less switching to verizon).
    Treoing & Loving it
  15. #15  
    Well if you are brave and willing to tinker, play with it and figure it out! Otherwise you'll have to wait on someone else to do it first... I won't have my MSL code for a little while. I'm not good at social engineering!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well, I don't have my MSL code yet so I'm only going on what I saw when digging threw the program files. But there should be settings for those options.

    The ACCOLC or something like that is the access override class. It controls the cell towers handling of outgoing calls at peak times or when the tower is very busy. By default it's equal to the last digit of your phone number. So if your number ends in a 0 or 1, you get bumped all the time (fast paced busy signal). But if your number ends in a 8 or 9 you get threw almost all the time. Some people like to manually change this to 9 or higher (911 only) in order to get better coverage. This only works because few people do it. Could you imagine if everyone had 911 emergency status!

    The vocoder is the voice encoder protocol. By default it might not be the best the phone can support. By increasing this you get a better sound at the other side of the call, but it's not a big difference.

    The GPS test screens I've found while digging threw the programs. They appear to show long/lat but I doubt it's functional...

    Enjoy...
    I've randomly read some of the 1000+ comments on getting wifi to work on the Treo 650. I'm guessing that it is still a no go, correct? It would take forever to follow that trail to find out the answer.

    Also getting the MSL should be as easy as some here have mentioned. Just depends on the cust care rep you get. I worked at Sprint for several years if you need help getting yours. Everyone looks up to you in other threads, just thought I'd offer.
  17.    #17  
    I was not socially engineering when I told the sprint rep what I did. the tech rep gave me the MSL code before, but it was for my treo600 not 650. I just did not give them the last piece of info.
    Treoing & Loving it
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The ACCOLC or something like that is the access override class. It controls the cell towers handling of outgoing calls at peak times or when the tower is very busy. By default it's equal to the last digit of your phone number. So if your number ends in a 0 or 1, you get bumped all the time (fast paced busy signal). But if your number ends in a 8 or 9 you get threw almost all the time. Some people like to manually change this to 9 or higher (911 only) in order to get better coverage. This only works because few people do it. Could you imagine if everyone had 911 emergency status!
    Ok so if i program it higher to 9 that means if im calling lets say a radio station. They are having a contest. I will always get thru?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    change your access override class
    Points to anyone who can tel lus how to do this...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    Ok so if i program it higher to 9 that means if im calling lets say a radio station. They are having a contest. I will always get thru?

    Ummmm..... NO.


    Cell providers have access levels that essentially set up a priority list for cell access. Each cell site has a finite call capacity - when too many people are using it, new callers cannot call. However, someone with the highest priority (usually reserved for law enforcement and emergency workers) can, in most cases, get a call through even if someone on the lowest priority gets their call cut off.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions