Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Well, I don't have my MSL code yet so I'm only going on what I saw when digging threw the program files. But there should be settings for those options.

The ACCOLC or something like that is the access override class. It controls the cell towers handling of outgoing calls at peak times or when the tower is very busy. By default it's equal to the last digit of your phone number. So if your number ends in a 0 or 1, you get bumped all the time (fast paced busy signal). But if your number ends in a 8 or 9 you get threw almost all the time. Some people like to manually change this to 9 or higher (911 only) in order to get better coverage. This only works because few people do it. Could you imagine if everyone had 911 emergency status!

The vocoder is the voice encoder protocol. By default it might not be the best the phone can support. By increasing this you get a better sound at the other side of the call, but it's not a big difference.
    Enjoy...
    I got my msl by calling Sprint to change the password on the phone... had to call twice to talk to the right person. I can't find settings for ACCOLC, do they have to be unlocked in ROM to see them? (I don't really care about messing with this, but I'd like to know I can do it just for the fun of it )
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    I'm pretty certain it's a ## code of some type...
    Anyone care to venture a guess - Can't you tell by looking at the Phone app?
    You'll need to run the Kyocera KWPST tool to modify the ACCOLC as well as other carrier settings. Put the Treo in ##DIAG mode and run KWPST. Search the Activating Treo 650 on VZW thread for the Chameleon (KWPST) file.

Oh, you'll also need a serial cable...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ideefixe; 12/28/2004 at 03:35 PM.
    It appears to be in the Activation app, but I have tried all the exposed ##codes that are in the app and can't seem to bring it up. There are clearly options for setting it.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Shadowmite?
    Quote Originally Posted by ideefixe
    You'll need to run the Kyocera KWPST tool to modify the ACCOLC as well as other carrier settings. Put the Treo in ##DIAG mode and run KWPST. Search the Activating Treo 650 on VZW thread for the Chameleon (KWPST) file.

Oh, you'll also need a serial cable...
    And what put you on NEVER bump status?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123