Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Ummmm..... NO.

Cell providers have access levels that essentially set up a priority list for cell access. Each cell site has a finite call capacity - when too many people are using it, new callers cannot call. However, someone with the highest priority (usually reserved for law enforcement and emergency workers) can, in most cases, get a call through even if someone on the lowest priority gets their call cut off.
    I must have a high # or not a busy tower because i have never had that problem.
    You generally won't unless something like a disaster happens and everyone starts calling en masse. That's why those groups have priority - they need to attend to the disaster and can't do it if the cells are jammed with people telling Aunt Bea that they're not dead. Not that calling relatives isn't important, just that there are priorities in this, and it's reflected in the system.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  3.    #23  
    don't see that function anywhere some help please shadowmite.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    don't see that function anywhere some help please shadowmite.
    As I said, I only know it's there... I've never used it so until I get my code you're pioneering it.. I can't tell you what I don't know!
    gt5l wrote: o.k. I called sprint late at night (generic customer service not technical folks) and told him I was having problems with net access and I was instructed by tech rep gave me the MSL code to swap the I.P. addresses but I failed to write it down, so the guy simply gave it to me
    So if I call sprint and tell them my vision connection isn't working and I need my msl number to swap IP addresses, they are likely to give it to me without going through a bunch of trouble shooting? I will give it a shot but I am a little concerned they might ask a question or two and uncover my ignorance/desire to hack the 650.

Has anyone besides gt5l tried this approach successfully?
    No say you tried to update your vision password and it sends you the update but it wont go thru. Ask if there is a manual way to imput the password in the phone. they should say yes and go thru it with you on the phone. just make sure you write it down.
    No say you tried to update your vision password and it sends you the update but it wont go thru. Ask if there is a manual way to imput the password in the phone. they should say yes and go thru it with you on the phone. just make sure you write it down.
    Worked like a charm took all of 30 seconds got the code now. Only problem is if your phone needs provisioning you have to put the proxy ip back into it so make sure to write down the ip numbers and port.

Don't do the no proxy on blazer. I switched my settings back. On bbrmobile speed tests without the proxy a 200k file tested at 68kbps with the blazer proxy 113kbps. If you want to run blazer with the reverse bluetooth DUN use a free proxy. However I use xiino anyway it flys on the bluetooth connection.
    Last edited by jayzee; 12/27/2004 at 07:57 AM.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    If you want to run blazer with the reverse bluetooth DUN use a free proxy.
    Such as, a free proxy running on one of our own PC's? Which do you recommend?
    I have good luck with the ones from here:

http://www.free-proxies.com/
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
  10.    #30  
    If you have not installed one of the new custom roms. With your MSL code, you can redirect the download and softare "app" in the rom to your fav site.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    If you have not installed one of the new custom roms. With your MSL code, you can redirect the download and softare "app" in the rom to your fav site.
    Could you explain and expand on that?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Worked like a charm took all of 30 seconds got the code now. Only problem is if your phone needs provisioning you have to put the proxy ip back into it so make sure to write down the ip numbers and port.

Don't do the no proxy on blazer. I switched my settings back. On bbrmobile speed tests without the proxy a 200k file tested at 68kbps with the blazer proxy 113kbps. If you want to run blazer with the reverse bluetooth DUN use a free proxy. However I use xiino anyway it flys on the bluetooth connection.
    Thanks for this advice... it's good to hear 'real world' results and why you feel it's ultimately not worth the hassle. Seems like Blazer is really best used with sprint's proxy only. I tried Bluetooth DUN with a free proxy and it did seem slow. Then I fired up WebPro (modified) and it flies... as fast as cable broadband. (And that's with running WebPro directly off my SD card.) I'll have to check out Xiino to compare. Thanks again for the pointers.
  13.    #33  
    after ##3282 dial hit modify on the next screen, enter your MSL code, click on menu select download and modify the URL there.there you have it, next time you click on download it will take you to the URL you typed.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I get 395kbps - 465kbps with xiino and the bluetooth connection with DSL. I have not been able to get webpro patched to work it locks up the treo. Strange must be related to the strange 650 phenomenon that applies to butler as well. Some people can run them and others can't.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    I get 395kbps - 465kbps with xiino and the bluetooth connection with DSL. I have not been able to get webpro patched to work it locks up the treo. Strange must be related to the strange 650 phenomenon that applies to butler as well. Some people can run them and others can't.
    I can certainly run WebPro Patched... for maybe 10-15 minutes... and then sometimes, after awhile, the Treo resets. Perhaps the cache or available memory gets full? (This also may have to do with the fact that I loaded WebPro onto the SD card though. I haven't tested it any other way.)

WebPro looks a lot better than Xiino with high res icons and better formatting. Actually it looks like it shares Blazer's heritage (same icon and certain prefs are the same too.) I'm assuming it's from the same development team.

But Xiino is also a nice alternative to have around and seems a bit more stable. Thanks for the hint.
    Last edited by Fofer; 12/27/2004 at 12:05 PM.
    I think I have tried all of the browsers especially when I had the 600. On the 600 i preferred webviewer I thought it was faster than xiino it had its shortcomings. I tried webviewer on the 650 and didn't like it and it was not nearly as fast as xiino 3.3 on the 650. Not to mention all of the extra memory webviewer takes with its java files. I think webpro formats the page better on most websites. But for all out speed and delivery of the page no other browser can touch xiino.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=jayzee] Not to mention all of the extra memory webviewer takes with its java files. /QUOTE]

Yeah, tell me about it... ReqWireless WebViewer supposedly only takes up 51 k but the prerequisite Java files are the beast. On a Treo 650 I'm not sure I'd be able to sacrifice that load. I wonder if all the Java support files can be installed and run from an SD card? Might not be worth the hassle after all.

I'm also waiting for the new JRE to be released before testing on the 650. This page says the one tailored for our devices will be out "on or after 12/17/04."

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/

(I swear it used to say "on 12/17/04." They must have changed it.)
    Michael82575 posted the following: No say you tried to update your vision password and it sends you the update but it wont go thru. Ask if there is a manual way to imput the password in the phone. they should say yes and go thru it with you on the phone. just make sure you write it down.
    Michael82575 can you elaborate on the updating of your vision password technique. Where do you do this? Is this something you do on the sprintpcs website or does this require tech phone support. When you say "it sends you the update but it won't go thru" I assume you are talking about a request made through the website. And how would you know or describe to tech support that "it didn't go thru". I just want to make sure that I cover my bases if they ask me why or how I was trying to change my vision password.
    say you went to control page on the sprint website and changed your password. Then it automatically will send you a update to your phone. Say you tried to update it but it didnt complete. Then ask if you can manually set it in the phone instead of over the air. they should go thru the steps with you on the phone. so make sure you call on a land line.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Ummmm..... NO.

Cell providers have access levels that essentially set up a priority list for cell access. Each cell site has a finite call capacity - when too many people are using it, new callers cannot call. However, someone with the highest priority (usually reserved for law enforcement and emergency workers) can, in most cases, get a call through even if someone on the lowest priority gets their call cut off.
    What's up JoeTampa............I'm in Oldsmar.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast