1.    #1  
    Good day,
    I downloaded FileZ ver 6.5 in my Treo600. I try to delete files using FileZ and always get the following message error : ''This operation can't be performed on a card (internal)''. It is impossible to delete any unwanted files. Why do I get that error message?
    Thanks you
    Louis
    is your card locked?
  3.    #3  
    TreoDaddeo6,
    I don't understand ( locked ) !!
    What do you mean (sorry ) ?
    Louis
    Most cards have an actual switch that you can flip to lock the card. When the card is locked none of the files can be changed or deleted. This is similiar to VHS tapes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLou
    ''This operation can't be performed on a card (internal)''. It is impossible to delete any unwanted files.
    If the apps you're trying to delete have the microchip symbol next to them it means they're in ROM and cannot be deleted.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLou
    Good day,
    I downloaded FileZ ver 6.5 in my Treo600. I try to delete files using FileZ and always get the following message error : ''This operation can't be performed on a card (internal)''. It is impossible to delete any unwanted files. Why do I get that error message?
    Thanks you
    Louis
    I've had this message at times, also. I also have problems in SD card directories, when I go into a directory, and select a file for something, it tells me that I can only select one item for the operation. It often takes the selection of the directory, apparently, as an item. I wish I had kept a copy of 5.x, I never had any problems with that version. Now, I often use a utility called FileProg instead of FileZ. It does all the file management functions without any problems. Using FileZ has become rather frustrating. It also still requires a stylus, as it does not recognize the 5-way for much.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  7.    #7  
    Thanks All for the details.
    I will download FileProg.
    Louis
    TreoLou,

I got that error when I first loaded the new filez. I popped the card and reinserted it and everything has been fine since. Just a thought.