1.    #1  
    Good day all, This is my 1st post. I recently purchased a 600 (no $$$ for the 650 yet) and I have a few questions.
    What is the Display Pixel Size of my Treo 600 and how many colors ?
    I also owned a Tungstein E. I find the screen of my TE much easier to read. Is it possible to improve the display quality ?
    I downloaded Pocket Tunes Demo ver.3.06. The colors and resolution of Pocket Tunes seems to be much better resolution then the default Treo Screen. So I guess it is kind of possible to improve the screen !.
    I installed MRING to configure MP3 for Ringtones and I have no success at all. Is MRing the right software ?
    When I download Sharewares from the Net and ther is lots of Resolution Choose on the file, Witch one should I be using for my 600 that will fit my screen and give me the best screen resolution ?
    Thank you for your time.
    Louis
    160 x 160 pixels, about a 2 inch screen
    I believe around 4,000 colors

For ringtones, I use 3gupload.com, or (free) treobits.com ringtones

screen resolution - sometimes they have 600 specific items, otherwise I choose the low res versions.

Enjoy

edit - corrected pixel count
    Last edited by Cluemeister; 12/26/2004 at 02:53 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Cluemeister,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Louis
    Welcome to the 600. Thanks for not buying the 650, the evil treo. Evil because everytime someone flushes the cash down the toilet to buy the < 23 MB device, Satan grows stronger.
    I got a Tungsten|E with SanDisk WiFi too , (got rid of my old Tungsten|T)

Treo 600 has 160x160 (aka Low-Res) , 12.5 bit colors , meanwhile Tungsten|E has 320x320 (Hi-Res) , with 16-bit colors)

PocketTunes 2.x Standard comes as a free gift for your Treo , so , you have to register your Treo to get it , as a free gift from PalmOne (hurry , otherwise PalmOne will take away that offer) , choose pTunes as your gift

You cannot change the Resolution , its impossible (yes , its possible , but the text will be smaller) , overall , Treo 600 is nice , but its not great compared to my Tungsten|E...:d
  6.    #6  
    Thank the precision.
    I tried to register my 600 in PalmOne Web Site and I have no success. It does not accept my serial number (15 digits, numeric only). I wonder why ?
    I am from Canada. maybe the registration is for US only !
    Louis
    Lou, your serial number is probably the bottom number on the back. Is alpha-numerical. Not just numerical. Good luck!
  8.    #8  
    Got it, Thanks.
    I was able to register and get my Free Copy of Pocket Tunes.
    Louis