Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    If that were the case, and what I have seen on the topic contradicts this, it would need to be stored somewhere, and, thus, retrieveable.
    He's correct, it's stored in the phone (cdma modem) NV ram. Look for mines thread on activating a 650 on verizon. It's based on getting the MSL with a serial cable and bitpim.
    Theoretically, an app could be written to read it, then.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    I see people referencing coded entries on their devices (##DATA#). How do you enter these?
    you bring up the dial pad in phone mode, and enter ##3282#

mike
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Theoretically, an app could be written to read it, then.
    True, the hard part is where is it located in memory... If someone could write a program to dump the nvm_002 file it's there...
    I believe when you activate a new phone by calling Sprint from the phone to be activated, Sprint had to ask you to dial ##3282 and then give you the MSL code to punch in as part of the activation process. Why do I think so? I found a memo in my 600 that says: " ##3282 msl 259xxx" which I wrote down and saved.

mwilson, will your procedure work on a 600 and will it speed up blazer?
    The code they give you at first is called a one time code or OTKSL (??). That code can only be used once, so you have to activate twice or get the second 6 digit number before you can always get in...
    You're right almighty shadowmite! I just tried the code I saved for the 600 and it was negatory.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The code they give you at first is called a one time code or OTKSL (??). That code can only be used once, so you have to activate twice or get the second 6 digit number before you can always get in...
    Sorry for the stupid question...
    Does any of this change the way I am billed for vision?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Sorry for the stupid question...
    Does any of this change the way I am billed for vision?
    anyone?
    It shouldn't.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    When I activated my phone I called from my landline. They gave me a 6-digit ## code to activate. I just tried it and was able to get in again! They must have given me the master code, fortunately.
    Hmmmm... I was apparently given my MSL when I activated also. (Whatever it was it unlocks the ##DATA# screens.) Unfortunately I'm having some issues though.

1) After removing the proxy settings from the Browser portion of the ##DATA# screen I *can* use Blazer with my Bluetooth connection. BUT, I can't seem to load most pages. So far google is the only page that actually loads up completely. CNN loads the text but no pictures and treocentral and mytreo.net just sit there for an eternity. (Sprint PCS connection still works fine)

2) If I remove the HA's then I can't connect to PCS Vision anymore. It spits out an error about an invalid sign on process or something.

Anyone else have similar issues?

--TechDude
    OTKSL = One Time Keypad Subsidy Lock

Sometimes they use the OTKSL - as they are supposed to, sometimes they use the MSL to initially program the phone.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    Hmmmm... I was apparently given my MSL when I activated also. (Whatever it was it unlocks the ##DATA# screens.) Unfortunately I'm having some issues though.

1) After removing the proxy settings from the Browser portion of the ##DATA# screen I *can* use Blazer with my Bluetooth connection. BUT, I can't seem to load most pages. So far google is the only page that actually loads up completely. CNN loads the text but no pictures and treocentral and mytreo.net just sit there for an eternity. (Sprint PCS connection still works fine)

2) If I remove the HA's then I can't connect to PCS Vision anymore. It spits out an error about an invalid sign on process or something.

Anyone else have similar issues?

--TechDude
    Hi,

1) I just tried CNN and the page loads completely, images and text. Could it have been a network issue when you tried it?

2) I can't connect to Vision either if I remove the HA's.

-mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilson
    Hi,

1) I just tried CNN and the page loads completely, images and text. Could it have been a network issue when you tried it?

2) I can't connect to Vision either if I remove the HA's.

-mike
    Were you loading the pages through Vision or Bluetooth? I can load the pages through Vision with no problems, it's only Bluetooth that fails.

--TechDude
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    Were you loading the pages through Vision or Bluetooth? I can load the pages through Vision with no problems, it's only Bluetooth that fails.

--TechDude

I tried it through both, and both load complete pages. I even cleared the cache in between tries.

-mike
    Well, it looks like this problem persist with or without the Browser settings removed. I added them back and I still have the same problem. I can only browse google, yahoo, some of cnn.com. Just about everything else drifts off into nowhere for some reason. I guess I have some other problem here.

It does seem to be the pages that are designed for pda's that work.. any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
    TechDude
    Quote Originally Posted by markshelby
    I tried Shadowmite's instructions from his website, and I never found an opportunity to enter the MSL, I could "unlock" the first screen with the name and password, but the second two with the Primary and Secondary HA and the MN whatsits remained locked with no option to unlock.

I did get to an "enter the MSL" screen following the above directions, but the original author is right, Shadow's six zeros do not work.
    When I was asked for my MSL, I entered the one that I thought it was (got it druing my process of switching my 650 from sprint to verizon). It did not take it, BUT, did take six zeros 000000. It unlocked.

For all of you whom it did not work, did you switch your 650 to verizon or are all of you still on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbear523
    When I was asked for my MSL, I entered the one that I thought it was (got it druing my process of switching my 650 from sprint to verizon). It did not take it, BUT, did take six zeros 000000. It unlocked.

For all of you whom it did not work, did you switch your 650 to verizon or are all of you still on sprint.
    I figured it out. or rembered rather. during the verizonization process, you have to change the phones MSL to 000000 in order for the Verizon *228 "through the air activation" (ESN programming) to work. My phones MSL now is 000000.
    rock the f... on treocentral. I tried the shadow might network settings with 000000. The code worked. But I think that was for the treo600. I tried the ##DATA#. And it worked. Like another post I too wrote down the key for the msl when I first turned on the phone with sprint. Now I can surf at break turtleneck speed. Well it is a lot faster.

The more I come here the less I want to burn effigy of my treo. I am starting to think more and more that "it is not the spoon that bends(p1). Instead try and thinking of the truth." "What truth?" "There is no Sprint service. Then you will realize that it is not the spoon (p1) that bends it is yourself." And sprint is sticken it to us.

Seriously, this site is like a support group. A fixes like these make me a happy treo user.

Good night!
    Palm V - Palm T3 - IMATE - TREO 650
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast