1.    #1  
    Greetings --- I'm tired of having so many gadgets, I've been waiting for the Treo 650 to be released. But I'm a neophyte when it comes to palm and the treo technology. I have a ipaq right now, a cell phone and a pager. I would like to consolidate it down to one device. My cell phone though is a samsung VGA1000, the voice dialer is amazing. I don't like the voice dialers where you have to record the voice first, the samsung has true voice recognition technology.

My single question is, does the treo 650 have a similiar voice technology for dialing? Or do you have to pre-record the voice dialing if it even has voice dialing?

Thank you all for your time...
    Treo 650 has the same. It works very well for me. Only issue is that it is a little slow. But then again, dialing by pressing numbers on the Treo 650 is pretty slow too...

I have about 1200 contacts with multiple numbers and Voicedial seems to handle it fine.
    The Treo 650 comes with a 14 day trial of Voice Dial by VoiceSignal.
    This company is the same company that provides the voice programs for Samsung.
    Voice Dial by VoiceSignal works great. With the 650, you have to purchase the program after the 14 day trial for $20.
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
  4.    #4  
    The samsung is the same way, the voice recognition is built in OR you can pay extra for the VoiceSignal. I would prefer to let the phone handle the voice recognition over paying for another service.

Mogulman: Just to clarify then, the treo 650 does have the built in voice recognition technology or are you using the VoiceSignal service?

Thank you all for your time,
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcpu1
    The samsung is the same way, the voice recognition is built in OR you can pay extra for the VoiceSignal. I would prefer to let the phone handle the voice recognition over paying for another service.

Mogulman: Just to clarify then, the treo 650 does have the built in voice recognition technology or are you using the VoiceSignal service?

Thank you all for your time,
    VoiceSignal is is an app. Voice Reongnition is an app in Samsung also. The user just cant unistall or insall it is the only difference. It will dial #'s for free (call 555-555-5555) You have to pay a one time fee for it to dial names from your address book (call John Smith at Work)

I think you when you say additional "service" you might be refering to Voice Command by Sprint.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks sxtg - I can handle a one time fee for the app - I use the voice dialing feature too much to be with out it.

Now I'm shopping for a good price to purchase the 650, since I am not eligible for any rebates at this time. Fry's seems to have it the cheapest with out a contract at $549.00