1.    #1  
    I've searched the forum for the "yellow dot" issue on the 600. I started to notice one on mine about a week ago. my issues/question that I hope for help to address:

1. this is my 2nd 600, replaced in March, no insurance. phone has 03/04 warranty date. Although my original purchase was a one year ago last October, will they honor the 03/04 warranty date?

2. does anyone know how long after appearance of yellow dot before the 600 dies altogether? Hoping that if I can't get it replaced, I can at least make it to 18-month mark where Sprint will give $150k credit.

3. If it dies, what do you owners of treo 650 think? It seems like there are more complaints on the 650 than were originally on the 600. Although I LOVE the 600, I'm really getting kind of discouraged with keeping these expensive phones that only last a couple of years!
    John 3:16
    Although I've had a few problems with my 650, I think it's safe to say that it's only going to get better from here. Some of the problems that I was having was directly related to bugs in the software...stuff I was able to work around and make work until updates or patches are released. As far as the hardware goes though, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, and it's quite easily the best phone I've ever had.

Merry Christmas and Good Luck in your decision.
  3.    #3  
    i
    John 3:16
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I don't think the yellow spot is related to lifespan. Mine has had one for six or more months and I've been living with it.
    My yellow spot started on a refurbished Treo 600(my 2nd replacement). Within 3 weeks it was covering up 4-5 letters on the screen. Verizon(my carrier) was sending a replacement.By the time it arrived 1 week later, yellow spot was up to 7-8 letters. So far no problems with the replacements - I am on 5 th replacement( other 4 on software issues).
    Try to watch it - if it does not increase, hang on to your phone.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    One of my users actually had a yellow spot that went away after a few weeks. I suspect it will make a reappearance, but in the meantime, all is well with the Treo.
    I am now on my 2nd 600 and yellow dots have appeared on both screens. My 1st 600 went dot free for 5 months until I changed cases. I switched to a Convertec with a magnetic clasp at about that time. The yellow spots on my screens look somewhat like a Rorschach test and are occur right underneath the magnetic clasp. Also, when I look at the screen when it is off I can can see the spot where the yellow dots are. Has anyone else noticed the same issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsmithco
    I am now on my 2nd 600 and yellow dots have appeared on both screens. My 1st 600 went dot free for 5 months until I changed cases. I switched to a Convertec with a magnetic clasp at about that time. The yellow spots on my screens look somewhat like a Rorschach test and are occur right underneath the magnetic clasp. Also, when I look at the screen when it is off I can can see the spot where the yellow dots are. Has anyone else noticed the same issues?
    Magnets are bad for all types of displays and computer memories.

Why anyone would use a magnet around a device like a Treo (or any phone or computer) and wonder about why they do not work correctly is beyond imagination.

Go ahead rub a magnet next to your hard drive........

Get rid of the cases with the magnetis clasps.
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    I had a yellow dot issue with a Treo 300 and over about a month, it grew larger. I could actually see the same area of the screen with the Treo turned off so it appeared to be a screen defect. I got a replacement through Sprint when I took it in and showed them the problem.

Hope this helps.
    11+ yrs w/ a Palm: It's come a long way!
    I bought mine (Treo 600 Unlocked GSM) on ebay a couple of weeks ago (3 at most). and I don't know if I can get a replacement of some sort, from PalmOne since my screen is having the same problem with this yellow dot (dead pixel). Can anyone let me know what I should do? it seems to have gotten larger ever since it first appeared a couple of days ago.
    anyone?