Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have read favorable reviews here, and unfavorable somewhere else. Can anybody vouch about its functionality with the T650? I loved it on the T600.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I only have resets during the backup phase of a sync. I dont think it has anything to do with Butler. Butler seems to be doing just fine for me.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    actually, in some other threads it's been shown that there does seem to be some issue with butler and syncs. i'm running butler on my 650 without trouble though.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  4.    #4  
    50/50 hmmmmmmm
    No problems with Butler on my 650...I love it!!!!
    Was running fine w/ no resets at all. Installed Butler then all of a sudden had resets during almost every sync....and it was @ totally random times.

I figure it's one of 2 things:
    1. - It's a setting within Butler that causes the issue...some ppl use it, some don't..hence the reason it's hit and miss
    2. - It's not playing nice w/ another 3rd party app

Either way, I KNOW for a fact that Butler was the cause of my resets. It started when I installed it and stopped after deleting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Either way, I KNOW for a fact that Butler was the cause of my resets. It started when I installed it and stopped after deleting it.
    I think I can say this also. I experienced consistent resets during sync (the backup phase). After seeing some of these posts, I just selected the "Disable All" option in Butler, and have had 3 successful syncs in a row since that time.

I hope they get Butler fixed!
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    So, with Butler installed (but no functions enabled) it works fine? Can you try enabling functions one at a time to see if one specific function causes the crash? I'd try but I've already trashed it.
    I want the upgraded Call Shield....but until it's ready Allegro will do....just don't like the screen lighting up when I get text, calls, or email coming in...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    i remember reading somewhere that butler is known to cause hotsync issues. why some people are ok while others are not remains a mystery. my issues started when i had to do a full restore after a hard reset. after that, my phone would freeze all the time and i'd get a "connection lost" error.

the developer of butler is aware of the issue and it has been replicated by many users. it seems that with butler installed and any one of the options set to "enable", butler causes hotsync problems. the developer is working on a fix which would disable everything prior to hotsync, then re-enabe everything once hotsync is complete. a fix should be around shortly.
    Great....a band aid as opposed to a real fix.

He needs to find out the root of the issue. Until then I guess I won't be loading it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    I want the upgraded Call Shield....but until it's ready Allegro will do....just don't like the screen lighting up when I get text, calls, or email coming in...

IGO
    Allegro looks like a nice free option. But the programmer, Veezer, hasn't posted here since Feb. Is he still supporting it or did he just dissappear? How well is it working on the 650? Any issues?
    I couldn't sync at all it would give me a 6410 lost connection error everytime. I tried everything on this forum finally when I removed butler completely I haven't had a problem hotsyncing since.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I get resets with butler, but I don't really care. They happen during hotsyncs, usually during the backup phase. So I just tell my Treo not to back up things other than addresses, contacts, todos, memos and pictures. So far it works.

Word is it has something to do with the way Butler requires attention every few seconds, and the 650 hotsync doesn't like that (the 600 hotsync couldn't give a flying duck).
    For me it could happen at any time. It was often in the beginning in the middle of a Vindigo sync.
    butler was causing ramdom and very frequent resets for me. I know it was butler since I wound up deleting all 3rd party apps except butler and it still happend, but as soon as butler was deleted it stopped.
  17.    #17  
    I guess that is good enough of a reason to wait on this program. don't get me wrong, I love it - just can't have my phone crashing on me.
    Butler was the first program I put on the 650 and I have never had a problem with hot syncs. I have done several hard resets and full restores by hot synching. After these full restores butler alway reappears with my configuration setting ready to go. This is a real mystery. I wonder why some butler users like myself have never had this hot sync conflict.
    Mangier, what features do you have enabled in Butler?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Mangier, what features do you have enabled in Butler?
    I am having no problems with Butler 2.4. Any HotSync resets I have/had seem to be related to moving files larger than 500K to RAM. I've stopped syncing Documents-to-Go (unless I really need to) and then it only crashed if I was syncing a new TV Browser database (usually 1.3+MB). I now sync that database directly to the SD card and haven't had a reset problem for 2-1/2 weeks.

This is my Butler setup:
    • Volume Buttons: Enabled, SideKey=Select checked

• LED: Leave

• Key Launcher: Enabled

• Attention: Everything enabled except ‘LeaveScreen Off'

• Hide SMS: Not enabled

• Misc: Alt Keyboard, Phone Guard

• Alarm: Various alarms set with Ring-Tones and MP3 alerts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast